Exile Brewing showing their Christmas spirit by starting their “12 Casks of Christmas” this Wednesday with Cranberry Bohemian with pomegranate. Here’s the schedule:
Exile Brewing showing their Christmas spirit by starting their “12 Casks of Christmas” this Wednesday with Cranberry Bohemian with pomegranate. Here’s the schedule:
If you are out and about this coming Black Friday there are quite a few options from the beer community to take advantage of. Can releases, bottle releases, and speciality tappings a plenty!
*If you know of an event that I didn’t post up please drop me a line and I’ll add it to the list!
**Lion Bridge Brewery – Oakonut Delight release. 1 case per customer per purchase starting at 11 a.m., but if you get back in line you can get more! Imperial stout aged in whiskey barrels with coconut, chocolate, and caramel!
**Confluence Brewing – If you are in the Des Moines area Confluence has a stellar Black Friday lineup.
-Letter of Marque Rum Barrel Aged DIPA W/ Coconut
-Kiano’s Cut Rye Barrel Aged Rye DIPA
-Conifer Ginelly Gin Barrel Aged Saison W/ Cranberries & Spruce
-Ghostly Presents Tequila Barrel Aged W/ Agave & Peppers
Doors open at 11 AM. No bottle limits. Enjoy $2 off pours of everything in our taproom until noon!
**Bricks Bar and Grill – Bourbon County and Black Friday go hand in hand and what better way to take a break from the early morning shopping and stop by Bricks for a 2020 BCS or variant. Here’s what Bricks will have on the lines:
Featuring Five BCBS beers on draft ~ 2018 BCBS Original ~ 2018 BCBS Bramble Rye ~ 2019 BCBS Original ~ 2019 BCBS Cafe De Olla ~ 2019 BCBS Mon Cheri
Blind Auction for 2 2015 BCBS Rare Bottles ~ 4 2012 BCBS Coffee Bottles
~Breakfast Taco Bar~
**Iowa Brewing Company – a big day of bottles for Iowa Brewing Company as they are set to release Barrel-aged OREOja Baltic Porter that is finished in Templeton Rye whiskey barrels with “America’s Favorite Cookie.” This and the Hurricane Season will be available Friday the 29th @ 11AM only at the Iowa Brewing taproom.
**Thew Brewing Company – Thew will be continuing their “Dark Beer” week on Friday with a whole bunch of tappings. Here’s what they have going:
On tap Friday:
– Darkest Corners (barrel-aged imperial stout)
– Double Tappa (imperial brown ale)
– Old Man Strength (barrel-aged old ale)
– Black IPA
– Imperial stout
– Belgian strong
Bottle release deets courtesy of Thew:
We’ve had an old ale aging in a Weller barrel from Buffalo Trace and we’re anxious to share it with you. Old Man Strength will be packaged in 22 oz. bomber bottles and wax sealed.
Thew Crew members will have two bottles each reserved. You may pick your bottles up beginning Wednesday. Member bottles will be held until Friday, December 6th.
For the general public, release will start at noon on Friday. $20/bottle, 4 bottle per person limit.
In addition to Old Man Strength, we’ll have:
– Firkin of Double Tappa with Coconut
– Randall with Helianthus (sunflower saison) infused with fresh cranberries
**Quarter Barrel – Darkest Peru Russian Imperial Stout aged 9 months in Wild Turkey Bourbon barrels with Peruvian Coffee, Peruvian Cacao, and Huacatay (Peruvian Black Mint) will be sold in 4-packs @ The Quarter Barrel Arcade & Brewery!
**Big Grove Brewery and Bootleggin’ Barzini’s have teamed up for an exclusive barrel-aged barleywine release only available at Barzinis on Black Friday. This barley wine is aged in Cedar Ridge single malt whiskey barrels and will come in a 375 mL bottle. Barzinis will also have their Bourbon County release.
**Marto Brewing Company – Marto will be releasing All the Bean Things which is their
first in house collaboration that was brewed with Barn Town Brewing!
A 13.1% imperial stout brewed with Ugandan vanilla beans, Caturra Coffee Roasting Co. – A Subsidiary of Coffee King, Inc Mexico Altura coffee beans, & Ghana ABOCFA cacao beans roasted by Just the Nib in Lincoln, NE.
Available on tap & limited crowlers to go. $18 per crowler.
**Clockhouse Brewing – From Clockhouse:
They say, “We all need a little more fruit in our diet.” So we loaded our kettle sour with Raspberries, Blueberries, and Blackberries. The perfect trifecta for starting your post thanksgiving diet.
**Need Pizza – Need tapping some heavy hitters on Black Friday!
Thew Brewing will be hosting their dark beer week beginning on Tuesday, November 26th! They will be releasing a new beer every day including a bottle release on Friday of Old Man Strength which is an old ale aged in Weller barrels. Here’s their lineup for a beer packed week:
Tuesday: Release of Thew Kickoff imperial stout, 11 AM Kickoff
Wednesday: Hop Next Door Tour! Thew will be infusing a pale ale with hops from Local Pour Street Food. Local Pour will then make a fondue with that beer. You can have the beer at Thew, get your receipt stamped and then take it next door to Local Pour for a discount on the fondue.
Friday: Noon release of Old Man Strength. Firkin of Double Tappa (imperial brown ale) w/coconut. Randall with Helianthus (sunflower saison) infused with cranberries.
Iowa game at 1:30 p.m. with BOGO on select beers.
Saturday: opening bottles of Darkest Corners, 11 PM Kickoff, 11 AM Kickoff
Packed lineup from Thew and you gotta love the collab work with Local Pour. Check them both out!
Happy Anniversary to Dubuque’s Dimensional Brewing Company. It was a year ago when I was lucky enough to check the place out at their soft opening and you just knew they were going to be successful. This week they will be tapping some speciality beers, something new every day, so make sure you go check them up. Here’s their lineup!
🎂🎂It’s our Birthday Week, so we are tapping new beers every day leading up to our big Birthday Bash on Saturday!🎂🎂
🍻New Beers on tap🍻
Atlast Hefeweizen- 5.7% 9 IBU A different recipe than Key City. This Hefeweizen has added some smoothness and a more pronounced banana presence. The Beer was named after the business that was occupying Dimensional Brewing Company prior to the changing of the guard. (Available to go Wednesday)
Robot Voice -NEIPA- 6.6% 26 IBU Brewed with Galaxy, Citra, and El Dorado hops. This is the first time DBC has used Galaxy hops in a beer. We had to showcase the Galaxy. (Available to go Saturday)
90 Mile Smile- Sour Gose 4.7%. Raspberry/Lime Margarita Gose in collaboration with our friends at Pulpit Rock from Decorah, IA. It’s fruity with a the right amount of lime and a slightly salty finish, just like a margarita! 90 Mile Smile was named for the approximate distance between the 2 breweries and the anticipation of the tasty beverages at the end of those 90 miles. (Available to go Saturday)
Bubble Baths With Nelson- NEIPA 7.2% 26 IBUs- Brewed with Nelson Sauvin and Citra hops. This is the first time DBC has used Nelson hops in a beer. We had to showcase the Nelson. (Available to go Saturday)
The UnderCAKEer – Imp. Stout 12.2%- German Chocolate cake inspired Imp. Pastry stout brewed with cocoa nibs, pecans, coconut and lactose. We brewed this beer with Barn Town Brewing at Barn Town. (Draft Only)
Sweet Acoustics- Imp. Stout 13.5%- Imperial Stout w/ Madagascar vanilla beans added. Taste this beer cold and then periodically as it warms to experience the beer to its full potential. (Available to go Saturday)
Gussied Up- Imp. Stout 13.5%- Imperial Stout w/ Jumble coffee, toasted coconut, vanilla, and cinnamon. This beer will also have different tasting notes at different temps. You will be able to detect each of the flavors in this beer without being overpowered by any one ingredient. (Available to go Saturday)
WOOHOO! Saving us once again from the chill and sometimes misery of January is Lion Bridge Brewery and their barrel-aged January! Here’s the lovely schedule!
Tons of great stuff this week from Abu Nawas. Mead lovers will be happy to see Schramms sending Black Agnes our way! Here we go:
- HUBBARD’S CAVE FRESH IIPA V4 – (pkgd 11.20.19) 16oz CAN – And on the 6th day… MOSAIC, SIMCOE. Fresh IIPA V4 features equal amounts of both Mosaic and Simcoe hops in the boil/whirlpool and a generous helping of each at two different stages of dry-hopping. Hazy Imperial IPA Goodness. 8.5% ABV.
- HUBBARD’S CAVE TRIPLE IPA (pkgd 11.13.19) 16oz CAN – Fresh Triple Hazy IPA that got a smattering of different hops in the late boil/whirlpool, then a heaping addition of Centennial, El Dorado, and Simcoe (among small amounts of a few others) in the dry hop. 10% ABV.
- Abomination Ales Anniversary Yumberry 6/4/16oz CAN – We’d like to introduce to you the One Year Anniversary Milkshake! This is a monster DIPA smackin’ in at 10.5%. Oats? Yeah. Wheat? Uh-huh. What else you ask? We fruited this bad boy with Raspberry, Strawberry, and Yumberry! (fermented for safety). Top that off with a sprinkle of milk sugar and some vanilla beans, Sounds like you got yourself a hazy boi. Double dry hop that beast with Citra and Mosaic, call it a day. 10.5% ABV.
- Abomination Brewing Does This Look Infected? 6/4/16oz CAN – Sour IPA Brewed with milk sugar, flaked oats and wheat, then kettle soured and fermented on top of a generous amount of Mangoes. Hopped and DDH with Azacca Hops. Notes of citrus, passionfruit, tart pineapple, tangerine and ripe mango. 7.2% ABV. ****BEST BEER NAME EVER****
- Abomination Bro Beer6/4/16oz CAN – Extremely crushable New England session IPA brewed with flaked wheat and oats. Gently dry-hopped with 100% galaxy hops! Juicy, tropical and hazy! The perfect beer to crack open with your bro’s! 4.7% ABV. #beermonster
- Decadent Ales Ectoplasmic Orange 24/16oz CAN – All-Citra double dry-hopped IPA with tangerine and orange zests. Citrusy orange and tangerine give this IPA a refreshing burst of flavor that will take you back to your lunchbox days in the cafeteria. 8.7% ABV.
- Decadent Ales Blackberry Sorbet 6/4/16oz CAN – Gose style beer brewed with a heavy dose of blackberries. 5.8% ABV.
- Decadent Ales Mango Sorbet 6/4/16oz CAN – Gose Style Ale Brewed with Mango. 5.8% ABV.
- Decadent Ales Wildberry Sorbet 6/4/16oz CAN – Gose style beer brewed with a touch of lime zest. In this variant, we added a heavy dose of raspberries, strawberries, blackberries, and blueberries reminiscent of berry sorbet. 5.8% ABV.
FAT ORANGE CAT
- Fat Orange Cat FOC Vito The Beer Whale Cat 6/4/16oz CAN – Named after one of our favorite Instagramable felines this also happens to be a damn good IPA. The hop combination of Azacca and Simcoe creates a unique and intense mix of tropical fruit flavors upfront with a creamy mellow finish. 8% ABV.
- Fat Orange Cat FOC Ask Forgiveness, Not Permission CAN – NEIPA Super hazy and smooth drinking with a refreshing bite on the back. Azzaca and Lemondrop hops give this beer a flavorful blend of tropical fruits and zingy lemon brightness. 7.9% ABV.
- Fat Orange Cat FOC All Cats Are Grey in the Dark 6/4/16oz CAN – White Stout – A light colored stout with a hint of coffee and strong notes of both chocolate and vanilla. 7.2% ABV.
- FreeThought Kismet 6/4/16oz CAN – Unfiltered IPA double dry-hopped with Cashmere. Aromas of eucalyptus and root beer. Smooth, rich and full-bodied with flavors of white chocolate, coconut, pawpaw and mint. 7% ABV.
- FreeThought Temporal6/4/16oz CAN – Sour Ale with Plum, Cardamom + Rose Water. Floral nose complemented by flavors of chai and fermented lime. Finishes tart and dry. 5% ABV.
- Hoof Hearted Belloq 6/4/16oz CAN – American Stout with Coffee and Vanilla. Smooth caramel & chocolate notes get a massive coffee rogering. Competitively intellectual flavor that makes you feel smarter than you look. Pair with a corduroy blazer and look out world. 7.5% ABV.
- Hoof Hearted Rose Gose 6/4/12oz CAN – Gose Brewed with Himalayan Pink Sea Salt, Coriander, Hibiscus, then soured with Lactobacillus and fermented with Saison yeast. 4.2% ABV
- Public Access Energy Dreams6/4/16oz CAN – Fantastic Double Dry Hopped DIPA hopped with Mosaic, Galaxy, & El Dorado. 8% ABV.
- Public Access Silent Rejoice 6/4/16oz CAN – Double dry-hopped New England IPA. 7% ABV.
- SCHRAMM BLACK AGNES 12/375ML – Our sweet black currant mead, Black Agnes, is named after one boisterous Scottish wench who successfully defended the Scottish Castle of Dunbar during a five-month siege by William Montague, the Earl of Salisbury. While relatively unknown in the United States, black currants have been grown in the British Isles for more than five hundred years, and used by herbalists since the Middle Ages. Sharply tart and acidic, the potent flavors of the fruit are perfectly balanced by the sweetness of premium honey to create a particularly unique, memorable and delicious mead. 14% ABV.
- SCHRAMM RED AGNES 12/375ML – Schramm’s Red Agnes is finely balanced Melomel. Red currants provide deep floral aromatics, a fruitier initial impression, more focused acidity, and a stunning cardinal hue. This mead is dangerously drinkable with a delicately balanced acidity that allows the honey and fruit to sing in harmony together. 14% ABV.
- SCHRAMM THE STATEMENT 12/375ML – The Statement is our Balaton cherry mead – made with the highest quality Traverse City Balaton cherries, carefully selected honey and twenty years of experience – having gone through more than a dozen iterations. Living up to its name, this mead truly makes a statement due to its incredible expression and depth of flavor and character rendered from honey and Michigan tart cherries. A natural complement to chocolate and sharp or blue cheeses, The Statement also pairs well with grilled pork and makes a terrific reduction sauce for desserts.
- SCHRAMM BLACKBERRY 12/375ML – Blackberry is earthy, brightly acidic mead balances the lingering tartness of whole blackberries and carefully selected honey. Intensely fruity with balanced acidity, a complex flavor profile and an earthy aroma, this mead is reminiscent of picking fruit on a mid-summer day. A strong option for the cellar, blackberry will continue to mature and develop in the bottle for years. Blackberry pairs well with creamy cheeses, duck, and veal. 14% ABV.
- SCHRAMM BRAMBLE 12/375ML – Bramble possesses some of the most concentrated and delicious flavors in the world of fruit. Blackberries, black raspberries, heritage red raspberries, and boysenberries create a composite of harmony, poise, and mouth-watering proportionality. Densely fruity, dark, and wonderfully balanced – an expression of quality from branch to bottle.
- SCHRAMM GINGER 12/375ML – Schramm’s Ginger is a full-throated, unapologetic expression of pure grated ginger and honey. Honey sweetness is balanced by full ginger flavor with a touch of spiciness, making this mead a perfect choice to pair with spicy Indian, Ethiopian or Thai cuisine, grilled Korean mackerel or flavorful sushi and sashimi. It also pairs well with dark chocolate and is a great addition to a whiskey ginger cocktail or a moscow mule. 14% ABV.
- SCHRAMM KOCHANIE 12/375ML – A play on the word honey, Kochanie is Polish for “my love” or “my sweetie” This tart mead is made with the highest quality Polish red currants and Lutowka cherries available and balances beautifully with the sweet floral aroma of orange blossom honey. Made with fruit imported entirely from Poland, the red currants contribute an extra kick of acidity to the rich dark cherries, balancing beautifully with carefully selected honey. Pair with pierogi, paczki or gotabki for an authentic treat. 14% ABV.
- SCHRAMM MADELINE 12/375ML – Schramm’s Madeline is our boysenberry mead, made with whole boysenberries and Michigan honey. A cross between European raspberry, common blackberry and American dewberry, the boysenberry has a unique tannic flavor that combines wonderfully with carefully selected premium honey. The resulting mead is thick, jammy and extremely flavorful and pours dark purple with a very smooth, lightly tart finish. This mead is a tribute to our favorite, tiny release to date, Madeline June Schramm Naeger. Ten percent of sales of this mead is donated to the Royal Oak Beaumont NICU, where Madeline spent nearly the first three months of her life. She was beautiful when she was born, but we know she will continue to mature beautifully with age. 14% ABV.
- SCHRAMM MADELINE 12/750ML – This is a better-suited format for on-premise use. Keep in mind that an open bottle of Shramms refrigerated will last for at least 6 months!
- SCHRAMM MARIONBERRY 12/375ML – Marionberry is a melomel made purely from Willamette Valley Marion Blackberries. Like our ‘Blackberry’, Marionberry has a full, natural fruit acidity that is balanced by premium Orange Blossom honey sweetness to create an extremely flavorful mead. Very dark in color, the Marionberries provide a jammy, juicy fruit-forward character. This mead has great aging potential for many years, though it’s pure fresh fruit character may make it difficult to leave alone for long. 14% ABV.
- SCHRAMM RASPBERRY 12/375ML – Schramm’s Raspberry is a mead made from whole Michigan raspberries. The flavor is unmistakably fruity raspberry, reminiscent of Michigan summers, and is balanced by honey sweetness. Due to the high level of acidity from the berries, it can age gracefully for many years. A tribute to our home state’s strong fruit growing tradition, this was the first mead made by head meadmaker Ken Schramm. It holds a special place in our history as well as our cellar. This melomel pairs well with grilled Great Lakes salmon, salads, cheesecake, and summer evening bonfires by the lake. 14% ABV.
Another week and another great drop including some treats from Fantome and Eden Ciders. Here we go!:
- Fantome Lea’s Journey 750ml – Globe-Trotting Farmhouse Ale. Typically enigmatic!
- Fantome Hiver 750ml – Brewer Dany Prignon changes his recipes every year, so we can’t so for sure what this year’s beer will be like, but it is sure to please lovers of Dany’s beers. 8% ABV.
- Fantome Boo! 750ml – Special Fall Belgian ale. 8% ABV.
- Eden BRANDY BARREL HEIRLOOM ICE CIDER 375ML – This limited production run of Eden flagship Heirloom Blend Ice Cider has been aged in 10-year old barrels previously used for apple brandy. It has notes of caramel, apple sauce, and vanilla, a round, full mouthfeel, and plenty of acidity to create a lasting, refreshing finish.
- Eden HONEYCRISP ICE CIDER 375ML – This tangy, elegant ice cider is made 100% from Vermont-grown Honeycrisp apples. The Honeycrisp is a prized Northern USA apple variety. As its name suggests, there is a honeyed quality to its sweetness, accompanied by sufficient acidity to keep the flavor fresh and crisp. Enjoy with cheese, maple crème Brulee, or butter cookies. 10% ABV.
- Eden HEIRLOOM BLEND ICE CIDER 375ML – Ice Cider brings the essence of pure apple to a sophisticated dessert wine. Vermont’s natural winter cold is used to concentrate cider to the optimum balance of sweetness and acidity. Our unique blend of traditional and heirloom apples produces a complex, delicious flavor that complements food yet may be savored on its own. It takes over 8 lbs. of apples to make just one beautiful bottle! 10% ABV.
- Clown Shoes Churro Sombrero 16oz CAN – The latest entry into our Sombrero series, Churro Sombrero features sweet dessert notes from cinnamon and vanilla bean additions. This richly textured Mexican-Style Chocolate Stout gives a fresh twist of unique texture and flavor. 7% ABV.
- Clown Shoes Double Dry Hopped Yeeehaaw 16oz CAN – New England IPA doubles down on its tropical citrus focus with a double dry hopping in the fermentation tank. With Citra, Azacca, and Mosaic hops leading the way, DDH YEEEHAAW! is an explosion of the fruit notes and smooth full-bodied flavor that is exemplary of this modern style. 7% ABV.
- Clown Shoes Banshee and the Beast 22oz BOT – Blended Imperial Stout aged in Irish Whiskey and Bourbon barrels. Bold roasted malt flavor gives way to a smooth finish, abetted by barrel-aged complexity and the soft hints of Bourbon and Irish Whiskey. 10.25% ABV.
- Clown Shoes Clementine 4/6/12oz CAN – Delicious Clementine witbier. 6.0% ABV.
Black Friday has gone from Christmas shopping to beer shopping for many of us and Lion Bridge brewery has thrown their hat into the ring! On Black Friday, tap room only, they will be releasing “Oakonut Delight” Imperial Stout! Here’s more on this delicious sounding brew courtesy of Lion Bridge:
Oakonut Delight will be a brand new Imperial Stout from us at Lion Bridge. Coconut, Chocolate, Caramel and 10 months in whiskey barrels. Really looking forward to this.
Fantastic lineup for Bricks Bar and Grill “Stout Wars”, make sure you get your tickets for the December 14th showdown! Here’s the lineup courtesy of Bricks Bar and Grill:
Dimensional Brewing in Dubuque will be celebrating their one year anniversary part on Saturday November 23rd. A huge tap list of beers, a band, and a food truck along with bottle releases will be part of this event. Here’s more from Dimensional:
We can’t believe its been almost a year already, so we are throwing ourselves a birthday celebration! Will have an awesome tap list on Saturday along with a bottle/crowler release that is sure to tickle you tastebuds.
**Details Below (will be updated with prices and limits as we get closer to the day):**
Saturday at 10:30 am, we will be releasing 375ml bottles of 2 new imperial stouts which will be sold in 4 packs of 2 of each.
– Sweet Acoustics: 13.5% ABV thicc imperial stout with Madagascar vanilla beans.
– Gussied Up: 13.5% ABV thicc imperial stout with Jumble Coffee, Madagascar vanilla beans, toasted coconut and cinnamon.
There will also be crowlers available of the following:
– Bubble Baths with Nelson: 7.2% New England IPA w/ Citra & Nelson Sauvin hops.
– Robot Voice: 6.6% New England IPA w/ Galaxy, Citra, & El Dorado hops.
– 90 Mile Smile: 4.7% Margarita Style Gose w/ Raspberry, Lime & Sea Salt we did with our pals from Pulpit Rock Brewing Company
The tasty vittles from Grillbilly’s BBQ will be available for purchase.
Cranes/Vultures will be playing the taproom from 7-10
and, of course, our traditional Saturday night Cookie Time at 10pm