Fantastic lineup for Bricks Bar and Grill “Stout Wars”, make sure you get your tickets for the December 14th showdown! Here’s the lineup courtesy of Bricks Bar and Grill:
Fantastic lineup for Bricks Bar and Grill “Stout Wars”, make sure you get your tickets for the December 14th showdown! Here’s the lineup courtesy of Bricks Bar and Grill:
Lots of tasty treats coming this week from Abu Nawas; here’s the list:
- Evil Twin Kiwi Coconut Fizz CAN – Berliner style Weisse ale with kiwi and coconut. 5% ABV.
- Evil Twin Watermelon Spritzer 6/4/16oz CAN – Watermelon Gose brewed with Salt & Vanilla. 5% ABV.
- Evil Twin Cocktail Series: Tangerine Tonic 6/4/16oz CAN – Gin & Tonic-Inspired Sour DIPA brewed with Tangerine. 8% ABV.
- Evil Twin Cocktail Series: Bellini 6/4/16oz CAN – Bellini style Sour DIPA brewed with Peaches. 7% ABV.
- Evil Twin Cocktail Series: Mojito 6/4/16oz CAN – Mojito-style Sour DIPA brewed with Lime & Mint. 7% ABV.
- Evil Twin Cocktail Series: Negroni6/4/16oz CAN – Negroni-style Sour IPA brewed with Juniper, Blood Orange, & Rhubarb. 7% ABV.
- Evil Twin Cocktail Series: Passionfruit Margarita 6/4/16oz CAN – Margarita-style Sour IPA brewed with Passionfruit, Lime, & Orange Peel. 7% ABV.
Dugges Sunshine Orchard CAN – Tastes like sunshine infused orchard. Mosaic & Citra DIPA. 8% ABV.
- Abomination Brewing Wandering Into the FogCAN – This big fluffy DIPA was brewed with a metric sh*t ton of flaked oats and wheat. Kettle hopped with Pacific Jade, Mosaic, Citra, Summit, and then double dry-hopped with a ridiculous amount of Mosaic. 8.6% ABV.
- Abomination Brewing Uralyi CAN – We’re super hyped to kick off the “yetti-esque” series. A line of beers that reflect the monstrosity that’s been our motif since the beginning. This hazy pale ale pours a golden yellow reminiscent of their gleaming eyes and is consciously hopped with Galaxy, Citra, and Mosaic. A mouthfeel as soft as their pelt, and approachable like the beast it’s self-clocking in at 6.3% ABV.
- Abomination Brewing Does This Look Infected? CAN – Sour IPA Brewed with milk sugar, flaked oats, and wheat, then kettle soured and fermented on top of a generous amount of Mangoes. Hopped and DDH with Azacca Hops. Notes of citrus, passionfruit, tart pineapple, tangerine, and ripe mango. 7.2% ABV. ****BEST BEER NAME EVER****
- Abomination Brewing Bro Beer CAN – Extremely crushable New England session IPA brewed with flaked wheat and oats. Gently dry-hopped with 100% galaxy hops! Juicy, tropical and hazy! The perfect beer to crack open with your bro’s! 4.7% ABV.
- Hoof Hearted Saizzurp(Pink Guava) CAN – “We made it rain with Amarillo, Citra, & Sorachi Ace hops at flameout and then let the French Saison yeast knock the bottom out. When fermentation ends we add Pink Guava for an electrifying effect to bring the thrill.” 6.5% ABV.
- Hoof Hearted Rose Gose 12oz CAN – ***NEW FORMAT*** Gose Brewed with Himalayan Pink Sea Salt, Coriander, Hibiscus, then soured with Lactobacillus and fermented with Saison yeast. 4.2% ABV.
- Hoof Hearted/Stillwater Fruit on the Bottom CAN – Fruit (And Hops) On The Bottom is a “rotationally hopped” sour IPA with lactose, vanilla extract, yogurt, strawberry, and banana. 6% ABV.
- Hoof Hearted Thanks For Letting Us Play Tonight CAN – Double Dry-Hopped All Galaxy New England Style IPA. 5.5% ABV.
- Decadent Ales Mango Sorbet CAN – Gose Style Ale Brewed with Mango. 5.8% ABV.
- Decadent Ales Wildberry Smoothie 6/4/16oz CAN – Sour Ale brewed with Strawberry, Blueberry, Blackberry, and Raspberry. 5.8% ABV.
- Decadent Ales Lime Citrus CitraCAN – Delicious Double India Pale Ale with lime and orange zest. 8.6% ABV.
- Decadent Ales Coconut Citrus Citra 6/4/16oz CAN – Triple Dry-Hopped All-Citra IPA brewed with Coconut & Citrus Fruit. 10.8% ABV.
- Decadent Ales S’mores 24/16oz Can – All Mosaic Double Dry-Hopped DIPA brewed with Graham Crackers & Marshmallows. 9.1% ABV.
- Decadent Ales Raspberry French Toast 16oz CAN – Double India Pale with raspberry, maple syrup, and cinnamon added. 8.6% ABV.
- Public Access Triumphant Intermission 6/4/16oz CAN – Outstanding Double Dry-Hopped IPA with Citra, El Dorado, and Comet. 7% ABV.
- Public Access Silent Rejoice 6/4/16oz CAN – Double dry-hopped New England IPA. 7% ABV.
A nice mix of brews and mead this week will be dropping from Abu Nawas. Here’s what’s coming this week:
- Moonlight Little Apple 12oz CAN – Semi-Dry Hard Cider Aged in Rye Whiskey Barrels. Made with the finest New England Apples. 6.5% ABV.
- Moonlight Them Apples CAN – Bourbon Barrel Aged New England Style Sparkling Sweet Hard Cider. Barrels Aged for a minimum of 6 months. 13.5% ABV.
- Moonlight Thirteen 5 CAN – New England Style Honey Apple Wine. A pre-prohibition style of cider fermented with additional sugar to create 13.5% ABV – so strong we have to call it a wine.
- Moonlight Razz What She Said CAN – Delicious Session mead made with raspberries. Deep Rich raspberry notes play off a smooth honey base, creating a luscious semi-sweet mead with bright carbonation and off-pink head. Perfect for the summer. 6.5% ABV.
- Moonlight Kurt’s Apple Pie 375ml – Made with local apple cider with Madagascar vanilla and Vietnamese cinnamon. 14% ABV. Get your piece of the pie!. Two-time medal winner at the Mazer Cup International
- Moonlight A Common Disaster 375ml – An Iowa collaboration with Scot Schaar of Crawford Brew Works in Bettendorf, this mead took 1st place at the 2016 Mead Free or Die competition. Wildflower honey, hand-roasted pineapples, and smokey chipotle peppers. Slightly sweet pineapple notes fade to a smokey chipotle finish. 14% ABV.
- Moonlight Coffee in Bed 375ml – Honey wine fermented with natural Sumatra coffee. This is luscious dessert style mead that pairs wonderfully with German chocolate cake or tiramisu. 15.3% ABV
- Moonlight Indulge 375ml – Made from Madagascar-Bourbon vanilla beans, Vietnamese Cinnamon, honey, water and yeast. Reminiscent of a cinnamon bun. Bronze medal winner at the 2016 Mazer Cup International
- Moonlight Brazen 375ml – Mead with Meadowfoam honey, habanero peppers, and roasted cacao nibs. The sweet start sets the stage for the intensely strong heat that the habanero brings, with a rich creamy finish from the cacao nibs. 14% ABV.
- Moonlight Desire 375ml – Award Winning Mead with blueberries, black cherries, and blackcurrants. 14% ABV.
- Moonlight Destiny375ml – Aged in Utopian casks and released one barrel at a time, it takes over 2 years to perfect a single batch. This mead is complex with lots of fruits and honey notes while the oak adds some dryness for the perfect balance. Honey, Black Currant, Blueberry, and Dark Sweet Cherry
- Moonlight Fling375ml – Semi-sweet and tart Strawberry Rhubarb Mead. 14% ABV.
- Moonlight Iniquity 375ml – Honey, apple and cranberry. A sinful double play on the senses. Sweet and smooth apple that leads into temptation with a finish of light, tangy cranberry. 12%
- Moonlight Kamasumtra 375ml – Mead with Madagascar-Bourbon Vanilla and Sumatra coffee. 14% ABV.
- Moonlight Last Apple 375ml – Heavenly Mead Aged in Jim Beam Barrels. 16% ABV. Gold Medal winner at the 2015 Mazer Cup International
- Moonlight Paramour 375ml – Black Currant, Black Cherry, Black Raspberry, Blueberry Mead. Rich and complex layers of juicy sweet berry flavor and soft tartness greet the palate. 13.9% ABV.
- Moonlight Red Dress 375ml – Semi-sweet mead with red currants. 13.9% ABV.
- Moonlight Sensual 375ml – Sweet Wildflower honey mead. 15.3% ABV.
- Moonlight Sumptuous 375ml – Mead made from honey and mangos, sweet but not overly so. Deliciously smooth and wonderfully complex with a long-lasting finish. Enjoy with spiced Mexican, Thai or Indian dishes.
- Moonlight Wicked 375ml – Mead with ginger and Madagascar-Bourbon vanilla. 14% ABV. Gold Medal winner at the 2014 Mazer Cup International, Bronze medal winner at the 2015 Mazer Cup International.
- Moonlight Wild 375ml – Unprocessed wildflower honey and wild mountain-grown blueberries from Alton Bay NH combine to make this light, dry mead. Get the party started with Wild. Pairs well with fruits, cheese, and romantic activities. 14% ABV.
- Evil Twin Public Servant Teacher Edition 16oz CAN – This beer is to honor the teachers that educate our children. We ask you, fellow beer drinkers, to thank local teachers by sharing this beer with them. DIPA Dry hopped with Mosaic and Falconer’s Flight. 7% ABV.
- Evil Twin Public Servant Firefighter Edition 16oz CAN – This beer is to honor the extraordinary commitment and courage of Firefighters. We ask you, fellow beer drinkers, to thank local Firefighters by sharing this beer with them. DIPA Dry-hopped with Mosaic, Simcoe and Ekuanot 7% ABV.
- Stillwater / Hoof Hearted Fruit on the Bottom 16oz CAN – Fruit (And Hops) On The Bottom is a “rotationally hopped” sour IPA with lactose, vanilla extract, yogurt, strawberry and banana. 6% ABV.
- Stillwater Strawberry Shakerato 16oz CAN – Sour ale with strawberries, vanilla, coffee, cane & milk sugar. 5% ABV.
- Stillwater Double Mocha Affogato Nitro Stout 16oz CAN – Double mocha affogato stout with cocoa nibs, cocoa powder, coffee & lactose. 6.5% ABV.
- Stillwater On Fleek 12oz CAN – Imperial stout brewed with dark sugars and molasses. 13.0% ABV.
Big news from Solon and Iowa City today as Big Grove has announced the release of their popular Richard the Whale brew! The release date is set for December 7th and the tickets will go on sale the coming Wednesday, October 9th! They will be doing another golden ticket release so look for that as well! Here’s more on this release:
This year, Big Grove Brewpub in Solon joins the fun! Richard the Whale, our bourbon barrel-aged Russian Imperial Stout returns for its annual party on Saturday, December 7. If you’re solely looking for a four-pack of bottles and collector’s glass, you’re invited to our Solon Brewpub! Tickets on sale Wednesday, Oct. 9 at 8:00am.
This ticket includes a collector’s glass and personal four-pack of Richard the Whale: 2 Richard the Whale, 1 Richard the Whale Coffee, 1 Richard the Whale Chocolate Hazelnut.
This package is $79.00 and can be purchased online here.
Golden Ticket beer, Richard the Whale Vanilla Coconut (500 mL), is exclusively available in Iowa City during the brunch bottle release party from 8:00-11:00am.
Tickets will be available through Eventbrite at this link.
Marquee Pizza will be hosting a Grimm Artisan Ales tap takeover this coming Thursday. The killer menu is below, make sure to check it out!
Another big drop coming from Abu this week. Let’s get on with it:
FAT ORANGE CAT
- Fat Orange Cat Someone In My Head16oz CAN – Double Dry Hopped New England style DIPA with Citra, Mosaic, Simcoe, & Apollo. 8.8% ABV.
- Fat Orange Cat It’s Not Yesterday Anymore 16oz CAN – New England style IPA. Gorgeous hazy blonde colored brew with soft pine, uplifting lime zest, and hearty hoppy bitterness on the finish. Hopped with Azacca, Eureka and Mosaic. 7% ABV.
- Prairie Basic Becky 355ml Bottles – Imperial stout with honey-roasted pumpkin, cinnamon, nutmeg, clove, allspice, and pumpkin spice coffee. 13% ABV. Pumpkin Spice Latte Anyone? 🎃🎃🎃
- Prairie Oh! Fudge355ml Bottles – Imperial stout brewed with brownies. 11.5% ABV.
- Prairie Bomb 355ml Bottles – The Beer that started it all for Prairie. Imperial Stout aged on coffee, cacao nibs, vanilla beans and chili peppers. 13.0% ABV. 💣💣💣
- Prairie Blueberry Boyfriend 12oz CAN – Sour Ale with Blueberries and Lemon Zest! Just in time of the heat wave. 5.4% ABV.
- Prairie Karate Chimp 12oz CAN – Sour Ale with Apricot, Mango and Tangerine. 5.4% ABV.
- Prairie No Way Frosé12oz CAN – Sour Ale with Lime Zest, Strawberry and Pineapple and Juniper. Perfect Summer Beer. 4.9% ABV.🌞🌞🌞
Hailing all the way from Saigon, Vietnam! Pasteur Street Brewing Company (PSBC) started with the simple idea to combine American craft brewing techniques with fresh and exotic Vietnamese ingredients to create amazing craft beer.
- Pasteur Street Passionfruit Wheat 330ml CAN – Delisiousy refreshing Classic American style wheat beer made with fresh-squeezed passionfruit from Da Lat, Vietnam. 4% ABV.
- Kapuziner Weisse 5L Mini-Keg (two-pack) – The most refreshing beer in the world. Malted wheat and special yeast give Kapuziner Weissbier its light touch and distinctive taste – a yeasty tang offset by a solid malt body and a delightful tropical fruitiness. Unfiltered yeast lends a hazy, seductive look. 5.4% ABV.
- Monchshof Kellerbier 500 ml swing top – Well-bittered and unfiltered Amber Lager.
- Monchshof Kellerbier 5L Mini-Keg (two-pack) – Well-bittered and unfiltered Amber Lager.
- Monchshof Schwarzbier 500 ml swing top – Delicious and classic black lager.
- Monchshof Schwarzbier 5L Mini-Keg (two-pack) – Delicious and classic black lager.
- EKU Pils 5L Mini-Keg (two-pack) – Clean bright straw-toned malts and pretty European noble hop character backbone this delicious and approachable pilsner.
- Mahr’s Der Weisse Bock 500 ml – Extra strong and malty hefeweizen from Bamberg, Germany.
- Mahr’s Hell 500 ml – Helles lager, a Bavarian classic.
- Mahr’s Mastodon Lager500 ml – Collaboration with the metal band, it’s a fantastic unfiltered kellerbier.
- Mahr’s Pilsner500 ml – Hopped up pils from Bamberg, the cultural heart of Franconian culture (and brewing!)
- Mahr’s Ungespundet Lager (Kellerbier) 500 ml – The “U” Mahr’s flagship unfiltered lager.
Timothy Taylor Landlord500ml Bottle – The drinkers’ favorite Bitter, classic pale ale with a complex citrus and hoppy aroma. A recent survey revealed that Landlord has the highest proportion of drinkers who call it their favorite ale. And it has won more awards than any other beer, winning both CAMRA’s Champion Beer of Britain and the Brewing Industry Challenge Cup four times. 4.3% ABV.
- Ridgeway Imperial Stout 330ml Bottle – Imperial Russian Stouts. 10% ABV.
- Ridgeway Imperial Barley Wine 330ml Bottle – Imperial English Barleywine. 10% ABV.
- Ridgeway Querkus Smoked Porter 500ml Bottle – Smoked/oaked porter, Querkus is made with a blend of Scottish peated whiskey malt and traditional English pale malts, as well as real English hops. 5.8% ABV.
A huge drop of some tasty beers from Abu this week. Beer and Mead galore coming at you!
- Amager Black Donald 12/500ml bottles – From the “Wicked Tales of Scotland” – 4 whiskey barrel-aged beers. Whiskey Barrel-Aged Heavily Peated Imperial Stout in Laphroaig Barrels. 11% ABV.
- Amager Red Cap 12/500ml bottles – From the “Wicked Tales of Scotland” – 4 whiskey barrel-aged beers. Whiskey Barrel-Aged Wee Heavy Ale in Auchentoshan Barrels.
- Amager The Black Cat 12/500ml bottles – From the “Wicked Tales of Scotland” – 4 whiskey barrel-aged beers. Whiskey Barrel-Aged Peated Baltic Porter aged in Bowmore Barrels. 10% ABV.
- Amager The Boobrie 12/500ml bottles – From the “Wicked Tales of Scotland” – 4 whiskey barrel-aged beers. Whiskey Barrel-Aged Double Mash Imperial Stout – aged in fresh Scottish Glen Garioch whiskey barrels. 12% ABV.
- Mikkeller / Amager Bourbon BA Hr. Frederiksen Vaesel Brunch 12/500 ml. Collaboration blend with Mikkeller/Amager. A blend of Hr.Fredriksen (Amager) and Beer Geek Brunch Weasel (Mikkeller) – then aged in Bourbon barrels. 10.7%
- Amager Fru Frederiksen 12/500ml bottles. Delicious Danish Sout. Fru (Mrs.) Frederiksen is a wise lady that uses minimal effort to achieve her goals. 7% ABV
- Amager Hr. Frederiksen 12/500ml bottles. Delicious Danish Imperial Stout. Hr. (Mr.) Frederiksen is a powerful dude, who enjoys nothing more than to stand and admire his own muscles. 10.5% ABV.
- Amager Rye Porter 12/500ml bottles. Big, rich Rye Porter. 8.5% ABV.
- Amager/ Goose Island RyeKing 12/500ml. Lightly Smoked Rye Stout. 7.7% ABV.
- Amager/18th Street Lawrence of Arabica 12/500 ml. Delicious Coffee Orange Porter. ABV: 7%.
- Labietis Aroniju Ragana 12/500 ml – (Aronia Witch) A wonderful ruby red beer dry fruited with aronia berry juice and hopped Citra Hops. 5.1% ABV.
- Labietis Gaismas Ragana 12/500 ml – (Witch Of Light) Bronze Age Braggot. 3400 years ago a girl was burried with a bucket of fermented beverage in Egtved. In 1929 archeologists recovered this grave and recently found out that the beverage was made of wheat, honey, cranberries, cowberries, meadowsweet, bog myrtle and lindenblossom. This giddy and sweetly aromatic braggot is a modern remake of that prehistoric recipe. 8% ABV.
- Labietis Mežs 12/500 ml – (Forest) Inspired by Latvian folk songs about juniper berry beer, this one will be refreshing in a resinous fashion, balancing with slight malty taste and nice reddish color. Dry-hopped with a variety of hops derived from Eastern Europe wild hops – Kazbek. 5.5% ABV.
- Labietis Pelašku Velns 12/500 ml – (The Yarrow Devil) Imperial Stout, Dark, aromatic and highly inebriating beer made from selected roasted malts, boiled and severely dry-hopped with Citra hops and yarrow. 8.8% ABV.
- Labietis / Bakunin Purva Medus 12/500 ml – (Bog Honey) Mead with cowberry juice and bog myrtle brewed in co-lab with St Petersburg, Russia Bakunin brewery. 6.5% ABV.
- Grimfrost SuttungR Brew 12/750 ml – A rustic lingonberry mead with pine shoots and heather honey with a rich taste of Viking Age Sweden. 13% ABV.
- Grimfrost Mungatt Braggot 24/330 ml – Mungátt (Old Norse: good for mouth) has been developed together with Mjödhamnen, Sweden’s most distinguished mead, and ale producer. With it, we would like to invite you on a journey back to the Viking Age when honeyed ale was one of the favorite festive beverages. Enjoy this fresh, supple brew with friends or a good meal. 8% ABV.
- Pohjala BA Oo (XO Cognac) 24/330ml Bottles – Cognac Barrel-Aged Imperial Baltic Porter from the Fantastic Pohjala Brewery. 11.5% ABV.
- Pohjala Cherry Banger 24/330 ml – Imperial stout with cherries, chocolate, and vanilla pods. 12.5% ABV.
- Pohjala CocoBanger 24/330 ml – A banging imperial stout brewed with coconut and A Caturra coffee from Costa Rica. 12.5%
- Pohjala Karneval 24/330 ml – An Imperial Dessert Stout with fresh flavors from raspberries, passionfruit, and toasted coconuts. Brewed in collaboration with Mother Kelly’s London. 10.9% ABV.
- Pohjala Leevike 24/330 ml – A spiced sour ale brewed with fermented cranberries, hibiscus, heather honey, toasted cinnamon, and cloves. Translation: The Bullfinch. 6.5% ABV.
- Pohjala Meri 24/330 ml – Translation: The Sea. A classic Gose, brewed with Himalayan rock salt and coriander seeds. 4.4% ABV.
- Pohjala Must Kuld 24/330ml – Translation: Black Gold. A rich porter with smooth notes of milk chocolate. Enjoy on its own, or as a decadent dessert. 7.8% ABV.
- Pohjala Ohtu 24/330 ml – Translation: Evening Sky. An easy-going porter brewed with oats and rye, bursting with vanilla and chocolate flavors. 8% ABV.
- Pohjala Oo 24/330ml – Translation: The Night – An imperial Baltic Porter as dark as the Estonian winter nights. 10.5% ABV.
- Pohjala Prenzlauer Berg 24/330 ml – Raspberry Berliner Weisse. A rich and creamy sour wheat beer, brewed with raspberries. 4.5% ABV.
- Pohjala Ulo (Cellar Series) 24/330 ml – Outstanding Chardonnay barrel-aged Imperial Saison with gooseberries. 10% ABV.
- Pohjala / Jester King Port Over Easy (Cellar Series) 24/330 ml – Collab with Jester King – a Baltic porter brewed with caramelized Estonian birch syrup and Texan soul; aged in port wine barrels. Needless to say more! 10.5% ABV.
- Omnipollo Hypnopompa 6/4/16oz CAN – 👀💣tall boy OMNIPOLLO®️ HYPNOPOMPA®️ MARSHMALLOW ☁️VANILLA COFFEE ☕️ IMPERIAL STOUT 11% ABV. It•was•all•a•dream.
- Omnipollo Double Bruno 6/4/16oz CAN – Raspberry Lime Crush Ale Brewed with Raspberry, Lime, and Fresh Mint. 6% ABV.
- Omnipollo Bianca Blueberry Maple Pancake Lassi Gose 6/4/16oz CAN – Blueberry maple pancake lassi gose ale brewed with blueberries, lactose sugar & maple syrup. 6% ABV. 🍁 🥞
- Omnipollo Aon Pecan Mud Cake Stout (Bourbon Barrel Aged) 24/33cl – From the Brewer: “When I was 12 I dreamed of becoming a pastry chef. Call this a creative outlet.
Thick, rich and excessively decadent, this beer aims to bring back childhood memories.” Imperial Pastry Stout Aged in Bourbon Barrels for 18 Months. De Molen Collab.11% ABV. 🥃🍰🥃
- Omnipollo Devin the Dude 24/12oz – Beautifully made German-style pilsner. 5.2% ABV. 💗💗💗
- Omnipollo Agamemnon 16oz CAN 24/16oz CAN – OmniPollo’s beloved, original Maple Syrup Imperial Stout is back and better than ever in 16oz cans. 12.5% ABV.
- Omnipollo Andreas Oat 6/4/16oz 4-Pack Can – Delicious NE-Style Oat IPA. 7% ABV. 💗💗💗
- Omnipollo Nebuchadnezzar 24/16oz CAN – Omnipollo’s Award-winning IIPA “Neb” is a homebrew recipe that has been scaled up with no consideration to economies of scale. Some say idiotic, and as an economist, I would have to agree. Get fresh or die trying. 8.5% ABV.
- Omnipollo Oaxaca 24/16oz CAN – Mango Margarita Slush IPA. IPA brewed with lactose sugar, mango, lime, grapefruit & vanilla added. 6.5% ABV
- Omnipollo Quadruple Dry-Hopped Fatamorgana 24/16oz CAN – 4x Dry-Hopped Double IPA. 8.1% ABV. 💗💗💗
- Omnipollo Shploing! 24/12oz Can – The return of a Classic! IPA with marshmallow, graham cracker, salt, and lactose sugar, it’s a MANGO S’MORES IPA. 7% ABV. 💗💗💗
- Omnipollo Tetragrammaton 6/4/16oz Can – Galaxy, Citra, & Mosaic IPA. 7.3% ABV.
- Omnipollo Vanitas 24/16oz CAN – Double Dry-Hopped Imperial Baklava IPA brewed with Pistachios & Almonds. 8% ABV.
A big day coming tomorrow (Saturday August 31st) as not only is college football kicking off in our great state but Big Grove Brewery will be releasing their Batch #1000 starting at 10 a.m. at the Solon taproom! Here are the details, hope to see you there!
Details for Saturday’s Release Party: Batch 1000 Barrel-Aged Imperial Stout:
Batch 1000 is our long-boil imperial stout aged in bourbon barrels. This brew, our 1,000th batch of beer brewed in Solon, began its journey in February 2018 and we’ve been aging it since. We’re offering the base beer, Batch 1000, alongside two variants: Chocolate Covered Orange and Madagascar Vanilla Coffee.
The trio is available on draft and in 375 mL bottles beginning Saturday at 10:00am in Solon and Iowa City.
375 mL bottles
Batch 1000: $15 each — 13 cases in Solon + IC
Chocolate Covered Orange: $18 each — 13 cases in Solon + IC
Madagascar Vanilla Coffee: $25 each — 9 cases in Solon + IC
Limit one bottle of each, per customer. You’re invited to get back in line as you wish.
Another week come and gone means another week of great beer drops from Abu Nawas! Let’s get it rolling!
- Prairie No Way Frosé CAN – Sour Ale with Lime Zest, Strawberry, Pineapple and Juniper. 4.9% ABV.
- Prairie Karate Chimp CAN – Sour Ale with Apricot, Mango and Tangerine. 5.4% ABV.
- Prairie Standard CAN – light, crisp Saison with a hoppy finish. 5.6% ABV.
- Prairie Phantasmagoria CAN – Big, Bold Double IPA. 8.0% ABV.
- Prairie Lil’ Nap CAN – Sour Ale with Blackberries and Lime. 6% ABV.
- Prairie Hulk Hands CAN – Gose dry hopped with Falconer’s Flight and Cascade Hops. 5.4% ABV.
- Prairie Flare CAN – Gose with Orange and Coriander. 5.4% ABV.
- Prairie Prairie Picnic CAN – A Picnic Pale Ale. 5.5% ABV
- Prairie Vape Tricks CAN. Sour ale aged on Cherries. 5.9% ABV.
- Blackberry Farm Fenceline CAN – Belgian-style ale brewed with generous portions of wheat malt for a creamy mouthfeel and hazy straw color. Generous additions of Huell Melon hops lend notes of melon and strawberry, along with a balanced bitterness. 5.9% ABV.
- Blackberry Farm Classic Saison CAN – Belgian-style Saison features European noble-type hops, authentic Belgian Saison yeast, and the finest European two-row malt. 6.3% ABV.
- Blackberry Farm Boundary Tree CAN – This hop-forward Belgian-style ale features notes of citrus fruit that complement its bready malt undertones. A soft bitterness, reminiscent of orange marmalade, balances delicate spice notes that result from a warm fermentation. 6.5% ABV.
- Abomination Brewing White Stouts Can’t Jump CAN – White Imperial Stout brewed with Lactose and aged on a monstrous amount of Cacao Nibs, Vanilla and Roasted Coffee. 9.6% ABV.
- Abomination Brewing Hop Roulette CAN – Rotating Hop series DIPA featuring Pacific Jade. 8.8% ABV.
- Abomination Brewing Bedtime Stories 6/4/16oz CAN – Imperial Milk Stout with Graham Crackers, Flaked Oats, Vanilla Beans, and Marshmallows. 9.3% ABV.
- Abomination Brewing Rotting Earth 6/4/16oz CAN – Double IPA with a blend of Ariana, Pacific Jade, Eukanot and Denali. 9.3% ABV.
- Abomination Brewing Shotgun Sour 24/16oz CAN – Sour Ale brewed with Black Currant, Apricot, & Peach. 6.1% ABV.
- Abomination Brewing Wandering Into The Fog 6/4/16oz CAN – Brewed with a heavy wheat and oat malt bill, hopped and double dry hopped aggressively with 7+lbs per bbl of Mosaic, Pacific Jade, Citra, Summit and a ton of Galaxy! Fluffy, pillowy, juicy, dank, DDH goodness. 8.6% ABV.
- Public Access Suspended Disbelief CAN – Double Dry Hopped Hazy NE-DIPA w/ Citra, El Dorado & Simcoe. 8% ABV.
- Public Access Outer Reality CAN – Double Dry Hopped NE-IPA w/ Mosaic, Comet & El Dorado. 7% ABV.
- Public Access Emergency Broadcast CAN – Double Dry Hopped Hazy Pale Ale. 5.2% ABV.
- Public Access Omniscient Signal CAN – DIPA with Galaxy, Citra, and Simcoe. 8.3% ABV.
Sad to see a brewery close, especially one that has been satisfying Iowa beer lovers for 10 years. At the end of September, Madhouse Brewing will be closing their doors but not before one last release. Here are the details for Sundae Fundae release…and a quick thank you to the folks at Madhouse for 10 great years. Cheers to you guys!
After 10 years in operation, Madhouse will be closing at the end of September. We’d like to thank all of the people who have supported us over the years, many of whom have become good friends.
Friday, September 20th, from 4-11pm, will be our last release party. We’ll have our Neapolitan barrel-aged stout available in bottles, and will be giving away free Madhouse pint glasses to the first 200 people. As always, bottle shares are encouraged, and we’ll be opening some stuff from the Madhouse library. Live music provided by Brian Congdon.
New release beers-
Sundae Fundae- Bourbon barrel-aged Neapolitan Stout with chocolate, vanilla, and strawberries. 13.5% ABV. Available draft and 375ml bottles. $12. Limit 6.
Maui Wowie- Barrel-aged sour with pineapple and coconut. 7.4% ABV. Available draft and 500ml bottles. $10.
Madhouse Oud Bruin- Traditional barrel-aged Belgian-style sour red-brown ale. 6.8% ABV. Available draft only.
Mic Drop- Fresh batch of our 100% Citra hops IPA. 7.2% ABV. Draft only.