We were live this past Saturday at Shakespeare’s in Iowa City celebrating their 20 year anniversary with some great conversation and some tasty brews! Thanks to Susie and staff for a great time! Give it a listen!
More tasty treats getting dropped in Iowa this coming week courtesy of Abu Nawas. A nice mix of beer and some meads from Moonlight Meadery highlight this week! Here we go!
Moonlight Meadery Cans and Bottles:
- Razz What She Said 12oz CAN – Delicious Session mead made with raspberries. Deep Rich raspberry notes play off a smooth honey base, creating a luscious semi sweet mead with bright carbonation and off-pink head. Perfect for the summer. 6.5% ABV.
- Thirteen 12oz CAN – New England Style Honey Apple Wine. A pre-prohibition style of cider fermented with additional sugar to create 13.5% ABV
- Little Apples 12oz CAN – New England Style Semi-dry and sparkling Hard Cider fermented in newly emptied rye whiskey barrels for a minimum of 3 months. 6.5% ABV.
- How Do You Like Them Apples 12oz CAN – Semi-dry Sparkling Hard CIder Aged for six months in rye whiskey barrels. 13.5% ABV.
- Kurts Apple Pie 375ml Bottle – Made with local apple cider with Madagascar vanilla and Vietnamese cinnamon. 14% ABV. Two-time medal winner at the Mazer Cup International
- Monkey Business 375ml bottle – Limited Release Banana Chocolate Orange Vanilla Mead, 14% ABV Sweet. We poured this at Hunahpu’s Day 2019 and the crowd went absolutely bananas for this mead…
- Pineapple Space Cake 16oz CAN – Pineapple Double IPA. Matching the fruit flavor are juicy citrus hop notes from additions of Mosaic and Azacca hops. 7.77% ABV.
- Coconut Sombrero 16oz CAN – Summer seasonal Mexican chocolate stout infused with tropical coconut flavors. 7% ABV.
- Lil Crispy 16oz CAN – Beautiful Sessionable Pale Ale. 4.8% ABV.
- Itaska Loonidragon 22oz Bottle – Bourbon Barrel aged Russian Imperial Stout brewed with Coconut. ABV: 11%
- Bubble Farm 12oz 6Pack and 12Pack CAN – Easy Drinking IPA Brewed with Columbus hops and dry-hopped with Simcoe, Azacca, and Idaho 7, this easy-drinker will quickly float to the top of your everyday favorites list. 6.5%
- Clementine 12oz 6Pack and 12Pack CAN – Delicious Clementine witbier. 6.0%
- Mango Kolsch 12oz 6Pack CAN – Kolsch, dry-hopped with Huell Melon hops and all-natural mango flavor. 5.5% ABV.
A bunch of new brews from 3 great breweries will be hitting the shelves next week from Abu Nawas. Let’s get to it!
FAT ORANGE CAT
- Fat Orange Cat Blood Orange Billy 16oz CAN – Blood Orange NE-IPA. 6.66% ABV
- Fat Orange Cat Lorenzo Blue 16oz CAN – New England DIPA LOADED with Galaxy and Citra. 8% ABV.
- Fat Orange Cat Sweet Jane Pineapple 16oz CAN – Milkshake IPA brewed with Vanilla, Lactose, Coconut, & Pineapple. 7.9% ABV.
- Fat Orange Cat FOC All Cats Are Grey in the Dark 16oz CAN – White Stout – A light colored stout with a hint of coffee and strong notes of both chocolate and vanilla. 7.2% ABV.
- Stillwater ASMR Frisson 001 16oz CAN – Sour ale brewed with wild blueberry, rolled oats & milk sugar. 6% ABV.
- Stillwater Log Out 16oz CAN – Double India pale ale quadruple dry-hopped with Mosaic, Galaxy, Citra, and Nelson Sauvin. 9% ABV.
- Stillwater This is only a Test Stout 005 CAN – Imperial Stout brewed with Ginger, Chili peppers and Sichuan Peppercorn 11% ABV
- Stillwater Extra Dry 16oz CAN – A Saison brewed with sake rice and dry hopped with Citra, Hallertau Blanc, and Sterling. 4.2% ABV.
- Stillwater Artisanal Ales Extra Extra 16oz CAN -Double Brut IPA. 8% ABV
- Stillwater Rhinestones & Sequins 16oz CAN – Sour Brut Double IPA brewed with Sauvignon Blanc Grapes. 8% ABV.
- Abomination Brewing Bedtime Stories 16oz CAN – Imperial Milk Stout with Graham Crackers, Flaked Oats, Vanilla Beans and Marshmallows. 9.3% ABV.
- Abomination Brewing Rotting Earth 16oz CAN – Double IPA with a blend of Ariana, Pacific Jade, Eukanot and Denali. 9.3% ABV.
- Abomination Brewing Shotgun Sour 16oz CAN – Sour Ale brewed with Black Currant, Apricot, & Peach. 6.1% ABV
Two of the best chefs in the state of Iowa will be teaming up to bring the area an amazing 10 course seafood dinner on May 1st at Saint Burch Tavern in Iowa City. Chef Ben Smart of Big Grove/St. Burch fame will be partnering with Chef Kevin Scharpf of Brazen and Top Chef fame to bring you what will no doubt be the culinary event of the year in the state.
Tickets are almost gone so act quickly if you want to attend this event. Below is the menu and you can also click HERE for tickets!
Abu Nawas bringing us a big release of Prairie beers in the coming week, including the highly sought after Apple Brandy Barrel Noir! Here’s more from Abu:
Evil Twin H is for Hops 16oz CAN – Dry-hopped Gose. 4.5% ABV.
Evil Twin Bible Belt 16oz CAN – Evil Twin version of the Legendary Collab. Bible Belt takes elements we love from Prairie Bomb! and combines them with Evil Twin Brewing’s world-famous stout, Even More Jesus. 13% ABV.
- Prairie Bible Belt Bottles 12/12oz Bottles – Prairie Version of A Collab of Epic Proportions. Bible Belt takes elements we love from Prairie Bomb! and combines them with Evil Twin Brewing’s world-famous stout, Even More Jesus. 13% ABV.
- Prairie Oh! Fudge 12/12oz Bottles – Imperial stout brewed with brownies. 11.5% ABV.
- Prairie Apple Brandy Barrel Noir 12/12oz Bottles. We received 4 cases of this and it will go to the top 4 supporters of Prairie this week!
- Prairie Blueberry Boyfriend 24/12oz CAN – Sour Ale with Blueberries and Lemon Zest. 5.4% ABV
- Prairie ERA 24/12oz CAN – Hoppy Delicious Farmhouse Ale. 4% ABV.
- Prairie No Chill 24/12oz CAN – Milk Stout with Spaceship Earth Coffee in a CAN. 5.1% ABV.
- Prairie Flare 24/12oz CAN – Gose brewed with orange and coriander. Perfect while yearning for Spring. 5.4% ABV.
- Prairie Imaginary Friends 24/12oz CAN – American IPA bursting with Tropical and citrus notes. 7% ABV.
- Prairie Vape Tricks 24/12oz CAN – Sour ale aged on cherries. 5.9% ABV.
- Prairie Hulk Hands 24/12oz CAN – Gose dry hopped with Falconer’s Flight and Cascade Hops. 5.4% ABV.
- Prairie Phantasmagoria 24/12oz CAN – Double IPA that’s big on the late boil and dry hopping. 8.0% ABV.
- Prairie Picnic 24/12oz CAN – A Delicious Sessionable Pale Ale. 5.5% ABV.
- Prairie Standard 24/12oz Bottles – Light, crisp farmhouse ale dry hopped with Motueka hops, a lovely New Zealand hop with a spicy lime like flavor and aroma. 5.6% ABV.
- Prairie Bomb 12/12oz Bottles – The Beer that started it all for Prairie. Imperial Stout aged on coffee, cacao nibs, vanilla beans and chili peppers. 13.0% ABV.
- Prairie Deja Vous 12/750ml Bottles – Bottle conditioned farmhouse ale with Hibiscus and Brettanomyces Bruxellensis.
Another highly anticipated beer release from an Iowa brewery has been announced as Madhouse Brewing has slated March 15th for the release of their wonderful Carpe Diem! Here’s more deets on this release:
The official release event for the following beers-
2019 Carpe Diem- Bourbon barrel-aged Imperial Breakfast Stout with oats, chocolate, Kona coffee, and bourbon barrel-aged Iowa maple syrup. 13.5% ABV. Available draft and 375ml bottles. $12/bottle. Limit 6.
Coffee Diesel- Collaboration with Mars Cafe. Dark sour ale with cold press coffee. 7.4% ABV. Available draft and 375ml bottles. $8/bottle.
Bottles shares encouraged!
In what will no doubt be a can’t miss release, Lion Bridge Brewery will be celebrating their 5th anniversary with “King Cake”, a caramel, chocolate imperial stout that will check in at 10.5% ABV. Here’s more:
5th Anniversary Beer is coming together…
King Cake is an Imperial Stout (10.5%) with caramel and chocolate. Gonna be a good fit for our 5th Anniversary Mardi Gras Celebration.
4-packs and draft available on 3/5/19
laissez les bon temps rouler!
Mosleys BBQ and Provisions will be hosting a BBQ and Beer dinner with Big Grove Brewery on January 22nd! More info below:
BBQ+Beer Dinner is set for Jan. 22 with our friends from
@BigGroveBrewery pairing brews with our finest barbecue over 4 courses. Tickets are $40 and they’ll go fast—reserve your seat by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Food and beer pairings will be:
*Burch the Bear paired w/ smoked Ham hocks
*Quick n’Dirty w/ stuffed pork loin
*Blood Orange Arms Race w/beef rib
*Espresso Imperial Stout paired with pecan diamonds & bourbon whip.
Big Grove posted a teaser on Instagram today announcing the impending arrival of the “Hazepocalypse”! as well as the first line in that series of beers named Peace, Freedom, Bacon & Eggs. Stay tuned for more details on this release and more on Hazepocalypse, but check out the pic below for the teaser!