Iowa Brewing in Cedar Rapids will be releasing barrel aged Hang Fire and the Hang Fire variants September 18th @ 12 p.m.! The variants this year will include
* Rum Barrel Hang Fire with cocoa nibs and coconut
* Brandy barrel aged in Driftless Glen brandy barrels
* Bourbon barrel aged in Cedar Ridge barrels
* Vanilla bean aged in Cedar Ridge barrels with Madagascar vanilla beans
Here’s more on this release:
Hang Fire is a giant Russian Imperial Stout that was brewed last year to celebrate our third anniversary. Half of the batch was put into barrels and aged for over a year. This year’s release includes four variants.
𝗧𝗵𝗶𝘀 𝗿𝗲𝗹𝗲𝗮𝘀𝗲 𝘄𝗶𝗹𝗹 𝗯𝗲 𝗽𝗶𝗰𝗸𝘂𝗽 𝗼𝗻𝗹𝘆 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝗮𝗻 𝗼𝗻𝗹𝗶𝗻𝗲 𝗽𝗿𝗲-𝘀𝗮𝗹𝗲 𝗯𝗲𝗴𝗶𝗻𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗼𝗻 𝗠𝗼𝗻𝗱𝗮𝘆, 𝗦𝗲𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗺𝗯𝗲𝗿 𝟭𝟰𝘁𝗵. Bottles will be available for pickup on September 18th and 19th, with two pickup time windows on each day to choose from at checkout. A link to the pre-sale store will be posted on Monday morning. The pre-sale will close on Thursday at noon, but a limited number of bottles will be reserved for purchase on the release days while supplies last.
𝗥𝘂𝗺 𝗕𝗮𝗿𝗿𝗲𝗹 𝗛𝗮𝗻𝗴 𝗙𝗶𝗿𝗲 – 𝗔𝗴𝗲𝗱 𝗶𝗻 𝗥𝘂𝗺 𝗕𝗮𝗿𝗿𝗲𝗹𝘀
𝗙𝗶𝗻𝗶𝘀𝗵𝗲𝗱 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝗖𝗼𝗰𝗼𝗻𝘂𝘁 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗖𝗼𝗰𝗼𝗮 𝗡𝗶𝗯𝘀
𝟯𝟳𝟱𝗺𝗹 𝗯𝗼𝘁𝘁𝗹𝗲 | $𝟭𝟰 | 𝗟𝗶𝗺𝗶𝘁 𝟰
Our Third Anniversary Russian Imperial Stout has aged in Rum Barrels for one year and rested on Coconut and Cacao Nibs in the final months of aging. A nice balance of chocolate and coconut marry well with the complexity of the rum barrel, with hints of fig, dates, and molasses.
𝗕𝗼𝘂𝗿𝗯𝗼𝗻 𝗕𝗮𝗿𝗿𝗲𝗹 𝗛𝗮𝗻𝗴 𝗙𝗶𝗿𝗲 – 𝗔𝗴𝗲𝗱 𝗶𝗻 𝗖𝗲𝗱𝗮𝗿 𝗥𝗶𝗱𝗴𝗲 𝗕𝗼𝘂𝗿𝗯𝗼𝗻 𝗕𝗮𝗿𝗿𝗲𝗹𝘀
𝟱𝟬𝟬𝗺𝗹 𝗯𝗼𝘁𝘁𝗹𝗲 | $𝟭𝟰 | 𝗟𝗶𝗺𝗶𝘁 𝟴
Our Third Anniversary Russian Imperial Stout has aged in Cedar Ridge bourbon barrels for one year and has notes of burnt caramel, vanilla, black currant, and a pleasant alcohol warmth.
𝗕𝗿𝗮𝗻𝗱𝘆 𝗕𝗮𝗿𝗿𝗲𝗹 𝗛𝗮𝗻𝗴 𝗙𝗶𝗿𝗲 – 𝗔𝗴𝗲𝗱 𝗶𝗻 𝗗𝗿𝗶𝗳𝘁𝗹𝗲𝘀𝘀 𝗚𝗹𝗲𝗻𝗻 𝗕𝗿𝗮𝗻𝗱𝘆 𝗕𝗮𝗿𝗿𝗲𝗹𝘀
𝟱𝟬𝟬𝗺𝗹 𝗯𝗼𝘁𝘁𝗹𝗲 | $𝟭𝟰 | 𝗟𝗶𝗺𝗶𝘁 𝟰
Our Third Anniversary Russian Imperial Stout has aged in Driftless Glenn Brandy Barrels for one year and has notes of vanilla and cherry with a smooth warm finish.
𝗩𝗮𝗻𝗶𝗹𝗹𝗮 𝗕𝗲𝗮𝗻 𝗛𝗮𝗻𝗴 𝗙𝗶𝗿𝗲 – 𝗔𝗴𝗲𝗱 𝗶𝗻 𝗖𝗲𝗱𝗮𝗿 𝗥𝗶𝗱𝗴𝗲 𝗕𝗼𝘂𝗿𝗯𝗼𝗻 𝗕𝗮𝗿𝗿𝗲𝗹𝘀
𝗙𝗶𝗻𝗶𝘀𝗵𝗲𝗱 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝗠𝗮𝗱𝗮𝗴𝗮𝘀𝗰𝗮𝗿 𝗩𝗮𝗻𝗶𝗹𝗹𝗮 𝗕𝗲𝗮𝗻𝘀
𝟯𝟳𝟱𝗺𝗹 𝗯𝗼𝘁𝘁𝗹𝗲 | $𝟭𝟰 | 𝗟𝗶𝗺𝗶𝘁 𝟰
Our Third Anniversary Russian Imperial Stout has aged for a year in Cedar Ridge Bourbon Barrels and rested on Madagascar Vanilla Beans beans in the final months of aging, which accentuate the vanilla notes from the bourbon. The roast is subtle and the finish is silky smooth.
Cans and draft available of Clock House Brewing’s latest IPA release, “Tops and Stubbies” this Thursday at 3:00 p.m.! You can preorder at the link below! Here’s more on this New Zealand IPA!
Togs & Stubbies is a New Zealand style IPA brewed with Wakatu and Wai-iti hops. This beer has aromas of white wine grape and orange blossom with notes of lime, lemon floral, and lychee. New Zealand IPA’s by style are easy drinking and reminiscence of American pale ales. Grab your swim trunks and bottles of beer from the chilly bin, let’s have a bloody great night.
Cans will be available this Thursday, September 3rd at 3 PM. You can order ahead with the link down below! Cheers!
Big Grove’s Drive Thru Saturday this week will feature two familiar beers but two we nonetheless crave! Big Ed and Tang O Rang Gusher are back and will be available this coming weekend! Preorder is currently live by clicking here! Here’s more on this weekend’s release and the announcing return of Hop Lopper!
Big Ed is out of the thanks and ready for good times… and he’s joined by Tang-O-Rang Gusher! This week’s edition of Drive-Thru Brews turns it up a notch with two Big Grove favorites for the *almost* weekly Wednesday pre-order and Saturday drive-thru parties.Big Ed is a hazy double IPA harnessing the power of Easy Eddy and taking it up a notch with Sabro hops. This 7.8% New Englander brings the noise with the refreshing flavors of papaya and coconut.Tang-O-Rang Gusher returns for the first time since April. If you know… you know. Close your eyes for a day at the beach courtesy of this 32 oz Crowler.
Next week, the Drive-Thru will take a week off before its return on August 15 with the release of Hop Lopper and a few other goodies.
STILLWATER ARTISANAL ALES:
- Stillwater MICRO 6/4/16oz CANS – Citra-focused Pale Ale. 4.5% ABV.
- Stillwater SPACED 6/4/16oz CAN – Delicious Low-gravity IPA Brewed with Spelt and Wheat. 3.8% ABV. Just the way we love them!
- Stillwater THE CLOUD 6/4/16oz CAN – Soft and Fluffy IPA brewed with Oats and Lactose as well as an absurd amount of new school German hops Huell Melon & Mandarina Bavaria and accented with Mosaic & Centennial. 7% ABV.
- Stillwater FAST FASHION 6/4/16oz CAN – Double Dry-Hopped IPA Brewed with Spelt and Oats. 6.5% ABV.
- Stillwater NO EXIT 6/4/12oz CAN – Dry hopped sour ale with white sage. Collaboration with the indie band Tennis. 4.5% ABV.
- Stillwater NU TROPIC 6/4/12oz CAN – Tropical IPA with Mango & Passionfruit. 6% ABV.
- Stillwater EXTRA DRY 6/4/16oz CAN – Definitely one of our Island Beers. Sake Style Saison brewed with sake rice and dry-hopped with Citra, Hallertau Blanc, and Sterling. 4.2% ABV.
- Stillwater EXTRA EXTRA 6/4/16oz CAN – Double Brut IPA where Champagne Yeast is King resulting in a Bone-Dry IPA. 8% ABV.
- Stillwater TANGERINE HAZE 6/4/12oz CAN – Juicy Dry-Hopped Sour IPA with Tangerine. 7.0% ABV.
- Omnipollo ZODIAK MULTIVERSE 6/4/16oz CANS – Double Dry Hopped DIPA generously hopped with Simcoe, Citra, and Centennial. 8% ABV.
- Omnipollo NEBUCHADNEZZAR6/4/16OZ CAN- DIPA scaled up with no consideration to economies of scale. 8.5% ABV.
- Omnipollo DEVIN THE DUDE 6/4/12oz CAN – Beautifully made German-style pilsner. 5.2% ABV. 💗THE BEER IN HONOR OF YOUR RAPPERS FAVORITE RAPPER 💗 http://blurredculture.com/devin-the-dude-releases-his-own-beer/
- Omnipollo AGAMEMNON 6/4/16oz CAN – OmniPollo’s beloved, original Maple Syrup Imperial Stout is back and better than ever in 16oz cans. 12.5% ABV.
EVIL TWIN BREWING:
- Evil Twin Sanguinem Aurantiaco 6/4/12oz CAN – Delicious Blood Orange Sour Ale. 3.25% ABV.
- Evil Twin Mission Gose 6/4/12oz CAN – A Thirst-Quenching Gose with Eucalyptus. 4% ABV.
- Evil Twin Learn What Is to Be Taken Seriously and Laugh at the Rest 6/4/16oz CANS – Double Dry Hopped IPA. 7% ABV.
- Evil Twin Imperial Simcoe Slacker 6/4/16oz CANS – Simcoe packed IPA. 7.5% ABV.
- Evil Twin Falco 6/4/16oz CAN – Perfectly balanced American IPA. 7.0% ABV.
- Evil Twin Molotov Grapefruit 4/6/12oz CAN – Jeppe’s Legendary Triple IPA with a surprise Grapefruit twist. 12% ABV.
- Evil Twin Molotov Peach 4/6/12oz CAN – Jeppe’s Legendary Triple IPA with a surprise Peach twist. 12% ABV.
- Evil Twin Molotov Passionfruit 4/6/12oz CAN – Jeppe’s Legendary Triple IPA with a surprise Passionfruit twist. 12% ABV.
- Evil Twin Molotov Cocktail6/4/12oz CAN – Jeppe’s Legendary Triple IPA. 12% ABV.
- Evil Twin Molotov Lite 6/4/16oz CAN – Lite version of a Triple IPA is a Double IPA at only 8.5% ABV.
Here comes a big Clown Shoes drop! Check it out!
- Clown Shoes Crunkle Sam 2020 1/12/19.2oz “Stovepipe” CAN – Bourbon Barrel-Aged American Barleywine. 10% ABV. Just in time for the 4th!
- Clown Shoes Undead Rhapsody 1/12/19.2oz “Stovepipe” CAN – American Imperial Stout With Barleywine Ale Aged in Bourbon and Rum Barrels. 11% ABV.
- Clown Shoes Rainbows are Real 6/4/16oz CAN – Hazy IPA Infused with Terpenes. 6.75% ABV.
- Clown Shoes Cashed Up Bogan 6/4/16oz CAN – Double IPA with Australian Hops. 8% ABV.
- Clown Shoes DDH Zen Garden 6/4/16oz CAN – Double Dry Hopped New England India Pale Ale, flush with full-bodied, hazy flavor from wheat and oat in the malt bill and a steady stream of hop additions. Hopped with Azacca, Citra, and Mosaic. 6.75% ABV.
- Clown Shoes Coconut Sombrero 6/4/16oz CAN – Mexican-Style Chocolate Stout adds Coconut into the mix for a smooth and sweet seasonal twist alongside the classic roasted malt and chocolate flavors that define our Sombrero series. 7% ABV.
- Clown Shoes Mocha Sombrero 6/4/16oz CAN – A variant of Chocolate Sombrero. Mexican-Style Chocolate Stout with Coffee and Vanilla. 7% ABV.
- Clown Shoes Sunhat 6/4/16oz CANS – Hazy Farmhouse IPA brewed with Citra, Mosaic and El Dorado Hops. Great Citrus-Forward Aroma Flavor. 7% ABV.
- Clown Shoes Drongo 24/16 oz 4-Pack. This beer is a blend of kettle sour and Australian hopped IPA (Galaxy and Ella). 6.5% ABV.
- Clown Shoes Leaving Atlantis 6/4/16oz CAN – IPA with Chardonnay Grape Must. 7% ABV.
- Clown Shoes Galactica IIPA 6/4/16oz CAN – Clown Shoes Famed Double IPA Dry hopped with Galaxy Hops, this one balances a hop profile of light bitterness and notes of tropical fruit, citrus, and pine with a clean malt backbone.. 8% ABV.
- Clown Shoes Space Cake 6/4/16oz CAN – Clown Shoes Space Cake 6/4/16oz CAN – Double IPA with Mosaic and Citra Hops. 9% ABV.
- Clown Shoes Pineapple Space Cake 6/4/16oz CAN – Pineapple Double IPA. 7.77% ABV.
- Clown Shoes Bubble Farm IPA 6/4/16oz CAN – American IPA maintains an approachable medium-body without sacrificing any of the full aroma and flavor of copious dry-hopping additions of Simcoe, Azacca, and Idaho 7 hops. 6.5% ABV.
- Clown Shoes Lil Crispy 6/4/16oz CAN – Crisp Light IPA with Centennial, Simcoe, and Huell Melon Hops. 4.8% ABV.
- Clown Shoes Clementine 6/4/16oz CAN – White Ale with Spices, All Natural Clementine Flavor, Sweet Orange Peel, Coriander, Mandarina Hops. 6% ABV. ***NEW 16oz CAN***
- Clown Shoes Mango Kolsch 6/4/16oz CAN – American Kōlsch with All Natural Mango Flavor, Columbus and Huell Melon Hops. 5.5% ABV.
- Clown Shoes Pecan Pie Porter 6/4/16oz CAN – American Porter with All-Natural Pecan Pie Flavor. 8% ABV.
The Beer Gods continue to smile upon us even in this trying time as our wonderful brewers, brewery employees continue to get us great beer every damn week! Big Grove has been releasing 4 beers, many of them new, every week for the past how many weeks for their drive thru weekend operation and Pulpit has been pushing at least two releases every Friday! So, what do these breweries have for us this weekend?
This beer has the moves, dancing with 600lbs of fresh strawberries and lemonade mix to give it that refreshing summer taste. Jacuzzi Moves – a strawberry and lemonade mix kettle pastry sour, $6.50/16oz. can, no limits
Blueberries, marshmallows, golden sandwich cookies oh my! Who could ask for a better combination? This blueberry sour will blow you away. Blustery is available this Friday. $6.50/16oz.can, no limits
The official beer of RAGBRAI is back! This light and crisp golden ale rolls into town with a hot, new look and four new pals.
PEACH MOSH PIT
Gose featuring peaches, apricots, and plums. Sweet, tart, and the perfect patio beer.
ALL NEW EVERYTHING
Hazy double IPA delivers bright, juicy, and fruity greatness by way of the all-new experimental cryo hop blend and pilsner malt. Get ready… this one shines!
BOSTON CREAM PIE
Is a pie that’s actually a cake that’s actually a beer! Chocolate, vanilla, and lactose come together for decadent dessert in a can.
TROPICAL FREAK OUT
Is our latest Gusher. Highlighted by a Snowbird sour ale base, we added heaps of pineapple and tangerine to take you straight to the tropical paradise of your dreams.
If you have a release coming up and would like me to post just shoot me an email! Cheers everyone!
Big drop from Abu Nawas this week and a lot of tasty brews, here we go!
Brasserie Dieu Du Ciel
- Dieu du Ciel! Aphrodite 24/341ml Bottle – Stout with cocoa and vanilla beans. Its flavor profile offers dark chocolate, bourbon, and roasted malt tones. Gentle sweetness from the vanilla harmonizes alongside the bitterness of cocoa, presenting a subtle and surprisingly balanced finish. 6.5% ABV.
- Dieu du Ciel Derniere Volonte Brett 24/341ml bottles – Belgian Style Funky IPA. Bottle re-fermented with Brettanomyces, the characteristic aromas of these wild yeast intermingle with the floral bouquet of the beer. Its warm leathery flavors envelop the equilibrium achieved between the malt and the notes of hops. Imperceptibly bitter, the hoppy finish is counterbalanced by the Belgian yeast esters, revealing a hint of spicy overtones. 7% ABV. Translation: The Last Wishes!
- Dieu du Ciel! Equinoxe du Printemps 24/341ml bottles – To celebrate the arrival of spring in Quebec this Scotch Ale is brewed with maple syrup, proposing oak and malt flavors with a hint of caramelized fruit. The warmth of alcohol envelops the mouth and enhances the maple flavor for a sweet yet balanced finish. 9.1% ABV.
- Dieu du Ciel! Grande Noirceur24/341 ml Bottle – Canadian Imperial Stout. 9.0% ABV. Translation: The Great Darkness.
- Dieu du Ciel! Peche Mortel24/341ml bottles – Outstanding Coffee Imperial Stout. A Deadly Sin indeed. 9.5% ABV.
- Dieu du Ciel Solstice d’Ete (Raspberry) 24/341 ml Bottles – Beautiful Berliner Weisse with Raspberries. 5.9% ABV.
- Dieu du Ciel! Disco Soleil 24/341 Bottles – Kumquat IPA. A touch of acidity from the kumquat zest finishes things off with a smile and wink. 6.5% ABV.
Blank Brewing The One That Just Kicked 6/4/16oz CAN – Imperial NE-IPA. shall be kept anonymous for the duration of its existence. 8% ABV.
Evil Twin Brewing
- Evil Twin The Check Please 6/4/12oz CAN – Collab with Blank Brewing; Double Dry-Hopped Black IPA. 7% ABV.
- Evil Twin Evil Twin Flava Influencer6/4/16oz CANS – Oat & Lactose IPA brewed with Vanilla, Pineapple, & Gooseberries. 7.8% ABV.
- Evil Twin Pineapple Flava Influencer 6/4/16oz CANS – Pineapple Milkshake IPA. 8% ABV.
- Evil Twin Everyday, Once A Day IPA 6/4/16oz CAN – Double dry-hopped Imperial IPA brewed with lactose and vanilla beans. 9% ABV. 💗💗💗
- Evil Twin / Westbrook OFYMD 24/16oz CAN. Pina Colada Imperial Stout Brewed with Lactose, Mauritian Muscovado Sugar, Pineapple and Toasted Coconut. 12.8% ABV.
- Evil Twin / Omnipollo Coffenade IPA 6/4/12oz CANS – Coffee IPA brewed with Lemon. Think of a Modern Ice Tea. 7% ABV. (Search these under EVIL TWIN)
- Evil Twin / Omnipollo Rainbownade IPA6/4/12oz CANS – IPA brewed with grapefruit passion fruit, mango, raspberry, and blueberry. 7% ABV. (Search these under EVIL TWIN)
- Omnipollo Pleroma 6/4/12oz CANS – Raspberry Crème Brulee Sour Ale. Needless to say more. 6% ABV. 💗💗💗
- Omnipollo Tetragrammaton 24/16oz 4-Pack CANS – Wonderful Galaxy, Citra, & Mosaic Hopped IPA. 7.3% ABV.
- Omnipollo Devin the Dude 6/4/12oz CAN – Beautifully made German-style pilsner. 5.2% ABV.
- Omnipollo Agamemnon 6/4/16oz CAN – OmniPollo’s beloved, original Maple Syrup Imperial Stout is back and better than ever in 16oz cans. 12.5% ABV.
- Pohjala Torm 24/330ml Bottle – Imperial Gose. A strong sour and salty wheat beer brewed with lingonberry, heather tips, and honey. 8% ABV. Translation: Storm.
- Pohjala Jouluoo 24/330ml Bottle – A silky smooth chocolate-vanilla oak aged Imperial Porter aged on cacao nibs, fresh vanilla pods, and French oak for a heady chocolate dessert character with a luscious vanilla taste and aroma. 8% ABV.
- Pohjala Leevike 24/330ml Bottle – A spiced sour ale brewed with fermented cranberries, hibiscus, heather honey, toasted cinnamon and cloves. Translation: The Bullfinch. 6.5% ABV.
- Pohjala Meri 24/330ml Bottle – A classic Gose, brewed with Himalayan rock salt and coriander seeds. 4.4% ABV. Translation: The Sea.
- Pohjala Must Kuld 24/330ml Bottle – A rich porter with smooth notes of milk chocolate. Enjoy on its own, or as a decadent dessert. 7.8% ABV. Translation: Black Gold.
- Pohjala Ohtu 24/330 ml – An easy-going porter brewed with oats and rye, bursting with vanilla and chocolate flavors. 8% ABV. Translation: Evening.
- Pohjala Oo 24/330ml Bottle – An Imperial Baltic Porter as dark as the Estonian nights. 10.5% ABV.
- Pohjala Prenzlauer Berg 24/330ml Bottle – Raspberry Berliner Weisse. A rich and creamy sour wheat beer, brewed with raspberries. 4.5% ABV.
You have to love the continued hard work from our local breweries and restaurants during these difficult times and also a ‘thank you’ to those who have continued to support these small businesses! With that being said, Big Grove Brewery will be releasing their first installment of their new “Coffee Shop Series” and it will be a coffee oatmeal stout brewed in collaboration with JBC Coffee Roasters!
This will be the first of 4 seasonal releases with JBC with the beer recipe and coffee used for this series changing for each release! Rumor has it there will be a few more things getting released this weekend, stay tuned!
Grab some of your favorite Iowa brewed beers and join your fellow Iowa beer lovers, Iowa beer brewers, and Iowa beer workers as the Iowa Brewers Guild is hosting a “BYOB Virtual Beer Festival” on March 28th with all proceeds will go to Iowa’s brewing industry staff. Here’s more on this great event:
A BYOB virtual beer festival to raise money for Iowa’s brewing industry staff. Though we love to drink beer in the company of friends, the future of one of our favorite pastimes—beer festivals—is tenuous. And so are the livelihoods of our Iowa breweries and their teams. To help our industry staff in their time of need, the Iowa Brewers Guild is holding a BYOB “virtual beer festival,” and you’re invited to join us!
Here’s how it works:
1. Buy a ticket
2. Pick up some of your favorite Iowa beer
3. Join us on Twitter, Facebook, and/or Instagram on Saturday, March 28, so we can drink beer together (from a safe distance), with the help of our hashtag, #virtualbeerfest
ALL proceeds will go to affected Iowa Brewers Guild member breweries’ staff that have lost jobs or significant hours!
More info and how to get a limited edition shirt at www.virtualbeerfest.org