Downtown Iowa City has announced the return of Northside Oktoberfest! This years version will be broken up in to 3 elements:
- Northside Oktoberfest in a Box (Friday, September 3rd, 10th, and 17th)
- Thanks to the success of the 2020 Northside Oktoberfest in a Box, we have been asked to bring this feature back as part of the 2021 festival. The 2021 Northside Oktoberfest in a Box will once again be a take-home box including a variety of beers and your favorite treats from Northside businesses. Each box is built for 2 people to enjoy and can be customized when ordering.
- Iowa City BrewFest (Saturday, October 2nd, 10:00 am – 2:00 pm)
- After taking a break from the in-person festivities in 2020, the sampling event is back to celebrate in-person with a new twist. For 2021, Iowa City Brewfest sponsored by FLY CID will be more exclusive than ever, with ONLY 600 BrewMaster tickets available. That means fewer lines and more beer for you to enjoy!
- Northside Oktoberfest Outdoor Bier Hall (Saturday, October 2nd, 12:00 pm – 8:00 pm)
- *New for 2021, Northside Oktoberfest will host an outdoor Bier Hall on Linn Street for general admission. Attendees can purchase a $15 Bier Hall mug to refill with at Northside restaurants and bars. Grab a drink, sit outside, and enjoy the traditional Oktoberfest entertainment that will be happening from the afternoon through the evening.
Tickets go on sale Wednesday, May 5th @ 7:00 a.m. and you can order them by clicking here!
Here is what is included with each event listed above:
Northside Oktoberfest in a Box includes:
- 12 “Old World Classic” beers hand-selected by John’s Grocery & Iowa City’s “Bier Guy”, Doug Alberhasky
- Take and bake Pagiliai’s Pizza of your choice
- A featured kitchen item from Prairie Kitchen Store
- (1) Bottle of wine from Brix Wine & Cheese Shop (choice of white or red)
- $30 of gift cards to Northside businesses: $15 Gift Card for Dinner from a neighborhood restaurant & $15 Gift Card to a neighborhood shop
- Northside Oktoberfest in a Box will be available for PICK-UP ONLY (Friday, September 3rd, 10th, and 17th)
Iowa City BrewFest ticket includes:
- Exclusive access (only 600 available) to unlimited samplings from over 40 vendors from 10:00am – 2:00pm
- Northside Oktoberfest 2021 chalice glass
- $5 for lunch at Northside vendors
- 25th Anniversary Iowa City BrewFest shirt (choice of Brewer Work Shirt button-up or classic t-shirt, designed and supplied by Jonnie 5 Apparel)
- First beer free at the new* Northside Oktoberfest outdoor Bier Hall
Northside Oktoberfest Outdoor Bier Hall
- $15 Bier Hall Mug (available to purchase only the day-of)
- 1 free drink with purchase (while supplies last)
- Can purchase wine and beer at Northside businesses to take to the street and enjoy
- Access to Oktoberfest entertainment