From BA: NEIPA is essentially an unfiltered IPA or Double IPA that’s been aggressively hopped. Appearance ranges from slightly hazy or cloudy to opaque or muddy. Dry-hopping, the use of high-protein grains (flours, flaked oats, wheat), certain yeast strains, water chemistry, CO2 levels, and other techniques may also contribute to the beer’s haze and mouthfeel. But the overall goal is typically a hazy, juicy IPA packed with fruity and floral flavors
Some fun and exciting beers coming from Abu Nawas including a favorite brewery of mine, Jolly Pumpkin. Here’s this week’s drop:
la Brasserie FANTOME:
Fantome BBBoo! 12/750ml BOT – Special Fall Belgian ale from the cult Belgian Brewery. 8% ABV. 👻👻👻
Fantome Saison 12/750ml bottles – Fruity, complex Saison beer from the Ardennes forest from a tiny farmhouse brewery very hard to find even in Belgium. Many drinkers out there who believe this is the “Nectar of the Gods.” Certainly, no other brewer makes beer like this, in Belgium or anywhere. 8% ABV.
Jolly Pumpkin Artisan Ales:
Jolly Pumpkin La Parcela 12/750ml – Jolly Pumpkin’s first pumpkin beer. Brewed with pumpkin and spices. 7.5% ABV.
Jolly Pumpkin Fuego del Otono 12/750ml – Brewed with Chestnuts, Star Anise, Crystal Ginger, & Cinnamon Sticks. To catch a bit of soft radiance in each bottle, Jolly Pumpkin waits for fall colors to begin their bright and fleeting glow before brewing this wonderful ale under their autumn fire. 6.1% ABV.
Jolly Pumpkin Bam Di Castagna 12/375ml – A fall-inspired version of Bam Biére. Brewed with chestnuts in the mash, Bam de Castsagna pours a rich auburn and is gently tart. Notes of earthy chestnuts, flavors of cashew, taro with traces of autumn smoke. 4.5% ABV.
Bam 375 Jolly Pumpkin Weizen Bam 12/750ml or 12/375ml – Weizen Bam Biere is ruddy golden, with yeast driven esters of banana, spicy clove, and nutmeg all wrapped up with a generous dose of rapscallion delight. Lots of brewers use oak barrels to age their beers these days, but Jolly Pumpkin actually ferments in the wood, and the result is beer of extraordinary complexity and earthiness. 4.5% ABV.
Jolly Pumpkin Maracaibo Especial 12/750ml bottles – A rich brown ale inspired by the enigmatic monastic brews of Belgium, and the mysterious mist shrouded jungles of the tropics. Brewed with real cacao, and spiced with cinnamon and sweet orange peel for a sensual delight. A brew to be sipped, savored, and enjoyed!7.5% ABV.
Jolly Pumpkin Madrugada Obscura 12/750ml bottles – A Belgian inspired stout that is as dark as a moonless midnight, brimming of roasted malts and bitter hops. It will keep you good company in all places, be thay light or dark. 8.1% ABV.
Jolly Pumpkin Luciernaga 12/750ml bottles – The Firefly, an artisan pale ale brewed in the Grand Cru tradition. Enjoy its golden effervescence and gentle hop aroma. Coriander and Grains of Paradise round out the spicy palate, melting o so softly into a silken finish of hoppiness and bliss! 6.5% ABV.
Jolly Pumpkin La Roja 12/750ml Bottles – An artisan amber ale brewed in the Flanders tradition. Deep amber with earthy caramel, spice, and sour fruit notes developed through natural barrel aging. Unfiltered, unpasteurized and blended from barrels ranging in age from two to ten months. 7.2% ABV.
Jolly Pumpkin La Roja Kriek Vintage 12/750ml – Special version of Amber Sour Dark Ale with Kriek Sour Cherries. 7.5% ABV.
Jolly Pumpkin i.O. Saison 12/750ml – Ale Brewed with Rose Hips, Rose Petals, and Hibiscus. Let’s face it, Beer is an art form that excites our senses and stirs our imagination. This truth gave Jolly Pumpkin an idea. We’d create a limited series of beer by throwing caution to the wind and following our creative muse no matter where it leads. This is how we discovered Baudelaire Beer. 6.8% ABV.
Jolly Pumpkin Oro de Calabaza 12/375ml bottles. A JP Beer that is Dear to our Heart. Strong, pale, tart Farmhouse ale. 8.0% ABV.
- Clown Shoes Rainbows are Real 6/4/16oz CAN – Hazy IPA Infused with Terpenes. 6.75% ABV.
- Clown Shoes Pecan Pie Porter 2020 6/4/16oz CAN – American Porter with Pecan Pie Flavor. 8% ABV.
- Clown Shoes Churro Sombrero 6/4/16oz CAN – Mexican Style Chocolate Stout with Madagascar Vanilla Beans and Cinnamon. 7% ABV.
- Clown Shoes Space Cake 6/4/16oz CAN – Double IPA with Mosaic and Citra Hops. 9% ABV.
- Clown Shoes Haze Cake 6/4/16oz CANS – Hazy Double IPA with Mosaic, Citra, and Centennial hops, Honey, and 2-row malts, wheat. 9% ABV.
- Clown Shoes Pineapple Space Cake 6/4/16oz CAN – Pineapple Double IPA. 7.77% ABV.
- Clown Shoes Clementine 6/4/16oz CAN – White Ale with Spices, All Natural Clementine Flavor, Sweet Orange Peel, Coriander, Mandarina Hops. 6% ABV.
- Clown Shoes Mango Kolsch 6/4/16oz CAN – American Kōlsch with All Natural Mango Flavor, Columbus, and Huell Melon Hops. 5.5% ABV.
Tons of brews coming from Abu Nawas, perfect time to fill up your fridge! Here we go:
- Blackberry Farm Classic Saison 6/4/12oz CANS – Belgian-style Saison features European noble-type hops, authentic Belgian Saison yeast, and the finest European two-row malt. 6.3% ABV.
- Blackberry Farm Boundary Tree 6/4/12oz CAN – A hop-forward Farmhouse Ale brewed with Hallertau Blanc, Southern Cross, Comet, and Citra hops. 6.5% ABV.
- Blackberry Farm Barrel Series: Brett Belgo IPA 12/375ml. A hoppy ale aged in red wine barrels. 6.3% ABV.
- Blackberry Farm Native Series: Brett Saison 12/375ml. A golden farmhouse ale fermented with brettanomyces and aged in French oak California red wine barrels. 6.3% ABV.
- Blackberry Farm Dubbel 12/375ml – A deep and rich abbey-style Dubbel brewed with Muddy Pond Sorghum. 8% ABV.
- Stillwater Artisanal Extra Dry Chu-Hi With Red Grapefruit 6/4/16oz CAN – Following the classic Extra Dry: Sake-Inspired Saison comes a fruited variant – also inspired by one of our favorite Japanese refreshments introduced to us, chūhai. Often sold as ‘Chu-Hi’ – the term is an abbreviation of “shōchū highball” – it’s a (commonly canned) cocktail of shōchū & carbonated water, flavored with various fruits. Extra Dry Chu-Hi is a brighter & lighter take on the familiar Saison, topped up with a touch of citrus and fermented dry. RED GRAPEFRUIT is the first flavor. 4.2% ABV.
- Stillwater EXTRA DRY 6/4/16oz CAN – Definitely one of our Island Beers. Sake Style Saison brewed with sake rice and dry-hopped with Citra, Hallertau Blanc, and Sterling. 4.2% ABV.
- Stillwater Artisanal Plant Based Double IPA With Mango & Palm Sugar 6/4/16oz CAN – Double India pale ale with mango & coconut palm sugar. Hopped with Citra, Sabro & Galaxy. All-natural. 100% vegan. 8.4% ABV.
- Stillwater General Gose 6/4/16oz CAN – Sour amber wheat ale brewed with orange peel powder, Thai chili powder, sea salt, and msg seasoning. 4.5% ABV
- Stillwater Insetto 6/4/12oz CAN – Dry-hopped Sour with Italian plum. The beer-drinkers’ rosé. Brian worked backward with this one – first came the design, then we reverse-engineered a beer to match.5% ABV.
- Stillwater On Fleek 6/4/12oz CAN – A 13 percent ABV imperial stout brewed with dark sugars and molasses. 13.0% ABV.
- Stillwater / AZ Wilderness Big Bunny is Everything 6/4/12oz CAN – Strong Milk Stout collaboration with AZ Wilderness. Big Bunny IS everything. 8.0% ABV.
- Stillwater Dry White 6/4/16oz CANS – Blanc Sour Ale Spritzer with Sauvignon Blanc Grape, Lime and Sea Salt. 4.5% ABV.
- Stillwater Hot Pink 6/4/16oz CANS – Rosé Sour Ale Spritzer with Grenache Grape, Raspberry, and Lemon. 4.5% ABV.
- Dugges Chinook Citra Denali 6/4/16oz CAN – Follow our journey as we tweak our way towards the perfect Hoppy Ale. Step by step, beer by beer, on and on. Forever. From Sweden with love! Brewed in North Haven, CT. 6% ABV.
Short Throw Brewing:
- Short Throw Lips and Lungs 6/4/16oz CAN – DIPA with Strata and Citra hops, dry-hopped with the same varietals. 8% ABV.
- Short Throw Cop And Go 6/4/16oz CAN – American IPA with Galaxy & Mosaic hops, dry-hopped with the same varietals.. 6.5% ABV
- Hoof Hearted Cowboy Konkey Dong 6/4/16oz CAN – Fermented in Donkey Kong barrels and excessively dry-hopped. Sitting high in the saddle and hopped with Motueka, Dr. Rudi, and Nelson Sauvin all from New Zealand along with some Mosaics and a heaping helping of Amarillo for that authentic Texas flavor. 8% ABV.
- Hoof Hearted / Against the Grain Clearly Everybody Wants Some 6/4/16/oz CAN – This “Hazy Boi” IPA is a hop lover’s dream featuring the juiciest hops & all the lupulin haze you need! 7.2% ABV.
- Decadent Ales Strawberry Orange Banana 6/4/16oz CAN – IPA brewed with Strawberry, Orange, and Banana Puree – just like your favorite juice. 8.2% ABV.
- Decadent Ales Strawberry Frosted Pastry 6/4/16oz CAN – Double IPA with Strawberry, cinnamon, and allspice – reminiscent of a strawberry pop tart. 8.6% ABV.
- Decadent Ales Vermont Maple IPA 6/4/16oz CAN – Crisp Double India Pale Ale with Vermont Maple. 9.1% ABV.
- Decadent Ales Pecan Pie 6/4/16oz CAN – Double India Pale Ale with Pecans and Maple Syrup. 8.6% ABV.
- Decadent Ales Raspberry French Toast 6/4/16oz CAN – Double India Pale with Raspberry, Maple Syrup, and Cinnamon added. 8.6% ABV.
- Decadent Ales Peach Frosted Pastry 6/4/16oz CAN – Double India Pale Ale with peaches, cinnamon. 8.6% ABV.
- Decadent Ales Mocha Latte 6/4/16oz CAN – American IPA brewed with Coffee and Chocolate. 8% ABV.
- Decadent Ales S’mores 6/4/16oz CAN – All Mosaic Double Dry-Hopped DIPA brewed with Marshmallows, Graham Crackers, Madagascar Vanilla Beans, Cinnamon and a touch of Chocolate. 8.6% ABV.
- Decadent Ales Passiflora 6/4/16oz CAN – Double IPA Brewed utilizing a blend of New Zealand hops, this brew produces notes of Guava, Citrus, and Passionfruit. 8.6% ABV.
- Decadent Ales Orange Gusher 6/4/16oz CANS – Double India Pale Ale with Orange Purée. 8.5% ABV.
- Decadent Ales Orange Cream Pop 6/4/16oz CAN – All Citra dry-hopped IPA with a proprietary blend of sugars, Madagascar Vanilla Bean, and a touch of Orange Zest. 6% ABV.
- Decadent Ales Blueberry French Toast 6/4/16oz CAN – Double India Pale Ale with blueberries, maple syrup, and cinnamon. 8.6% ABV.
- Decadent Ales Coconut Almond Macaroon 24/16oz CAN – Double Dry-Hopped All-Mosaic IPA brewed with Coconut & Almond, and a variety of sugars to create a biscuit character. 8.2% ABV.
- Decadent Ales Coconut Citrus Citra 6/4/16oz CAN – Double IPA Triple Dry-Hopped with All Citra. Brewed with Orange Zest Coconut. 8.6% ABV.
- Decadent Ales Elderflower Mochi 6/4/16oz CAN – Milkshake Double India Pale Ale brewed with Elderflower and Vanilla. 8.6% ABV.
- Decadent Ales Ectoplasmic Orange 24/16oz CAN – All Citra double dry-hopped IPA with tangerine, and orange zests added. 8.7% ABV.
- Decadent Ales (Evil Twin Collab.) Delight 6/4/16oz CAN – Imperial Stout Brewed with Pistachio, Coconut, and Cinnamon. 11.7% ABV.
- Timber Ales People Power 6/4/16oz CAN – IPA dry-hopped with a combination of Citra and Galaxy hops. This beer was brewed to support the People Power Beer initiative started by our friends at Threes Brewing in collaboration with the ACLU. 7% ABV.
Thew Brewing has teamed up with Oakland Road Hy-Vee in Cedar Rapids for a special release of “Cure-All No. 2020” barleywine. This beer was made specifically for Oakland Road Hy-Vee and the release will consist of 16.9 oz bottles and it will be on tap with a special cheese pairing as well! Here’s more courtesy of Thew:
We brewed a barleywine for Oakland Road Hy-Vee and it has been aging in an apple brandy barrel from Cedar Ridge for nine months.Release details: A limited number of bottles will be available at our taproom release ($14, 16.9 oz. bottle). It will also be available on tap and Chris Luken, Oakland Road’s amazing cheese specialist, will be creating cheese boards to pair with the beer that will be available to enjoy in our taproom or to go. Details on cheese boards coming next week!Thew Brewing kindly requests that guests wear masks when moving about our taproom and observe social distancing guidelines. Per the Iowa ABD, guests must be seated while consuming food or beverages.
Big fan of this news as Clock House will be brining back a popular variant of their excellent Witch Slap! On October 15th, Pineapple coconut Witch Slap will be back! Here’s more from Clock House:
Our flagship NEIPA infused with DOUBLE the pineapple and coconut. If you like beer-adas and getting caught in the rain, this may be for you.This will be available in the taproom and in cans. The canning pre-order will be available on Facebook/Website on Sunday, October 11th at noon.
A nice early week surprise coming from Abu Nawas! Limited Omnipollo and an Evil Twin/Westbrook blended strong ale coming! On to it!
- Omnipollo Blueberry Maple Pancake Bianca 24/16oz Single CANS – Sour Ale brewed with 1300 Blueberries & One Whole Madagascan Vanilla Bean Per Can, & Maple Syrup. 6% ABV.
- Omnipollo Raspberry Maple Pancake Bianca 24/16oz Single CANS – Sour Ale brewed with over 1,000 Raspberries & One Whole Madagascan Vanilla Bean Per Can, & Maple Syrup. 7% ABV.
- Omnipollo Peanut Butter Chocolate Blueberry Pancake Bianca 24/16oz Single CANS – Sour Ale brewed with 1300 Blueberries & One Whole Madagascan Vanilla Bean Per Can, plus Peanut Flour, Cacao Nibs, & Maple Syrup.
- EVIL TWIN/WESTBROOK
- Evil Twin / Westbrook Collab. Do You Like Spicy Nachos? 12/22oz Bottles – Amarone-Inspired Blended Strong Dark Ale aged on Port, Bourbon, Marsala, & Cabernet Wine Barrels, brewed with Raisins, Cherries, & Black Currants. 12% ABV.
Huge news out of Des Moines today as Lua Brewing has released the information for their 1 year anniversary beer dinner and bottle release! Here are the details!
1ST ANNIVERSARY BEER DINNER, BOTTLE RELEASE AND BRUNCH COMING IN HOT (10/22-10/25)It’s hard to believe, but we are coming up on one year of life as a lil brewery family, and we are working diligently to prepare for a few fun, safe events we have planned to celebrate with y’all we will be announcing more details and selling tickets for all of these events this week, so keep them eyes peeled.
1st Anniversary Dinner – on 10/22, we will have a limited number of seats for a socially distant beer dinner hosted by Chef James Arbaugh and Brewer Zack Dunbar. 5 courses of James’ world class food paired with beers specially crafted and designed by James and Zack, and only sold at this dinner. Tickets will go on sale this week!
1st Anniversary Bottle Release – we will be packing up a set of 5 different beers to release on 10/23 and 10/24, inlcluding our first anniversary imperial pastry stout and our @prbrewing imperial pastry stout in 750ml bottles. The set will include these beers and 3 others, as well as a first anniversary glass. We will be announcing details about the rest of the beers in this package as well as details about how to enter the raffle to purchase a set this week!
1st Anniversary Pushpop Brunch – On Sunday, 10/25 James will be whipping up a tasty brunch menu, along with Michelada and Mimosa inspired Pushpops. We will also have a special Pushpop crowler available for brunch guests to purchase, more details about the brunch coming later this week. We can’t wait to share our first anniversary celebration with all of you, and show gratitude for all of the support and love that we’ve received over this last year. Thank you.
Lion Bridge brewery has been busy and is bursting into fall with a plethora of releases! Their Cheeseshake sour releases have been extremely popular and delicious and if you haven’t tried Off Grid yet you need to do yourself a favor and get some! One of the best beers of the year IMO! Here’s what’s coming down the line this Fall and maybe into winter for Lion Bridge:
**Blackberry Cheeseshake Sour – the last of the Cheeseshake releases will be available on October 7th and will be available for online purchase starting this Sunday at 9 p.m. Click here for purchasing link!
**Zombie Awakening – released this week! In collaboration with Bloomsbury Farm. Black as the inside of a buried coffin, with enough Dash dark roast coffee to put a pep in the step of the even the most lumbering undead walker.
**Spice Must Flow – a seasonal favorite returns next Wednesday (10/7) as well! This black Ale w/spices checks in at 7.0% and contains a melange of Maple, Saigon Cinnamon, nutmeg, and a robust black ale form this luxurious treat.
** Fun Size – releasing October 9th and according to LB this is a small beer w/chocolate and Sea Salt and checks in at 7.0% – This beer is brewed with Sea Salt and then fermented with a Scandinavian Kveik yeast called Lutra that ferments quickly and produces a very clean yeast profile. We then rest this beer on a lot of cacao nibs. The result is an adult treat for Halloween. No tricks needed!
**Oco Noco – releasing October 14th with an October 11th presale is this imperial milk Stout w/coconut that will check in at 10.5% – For batch 1001 we wanted to make something special. We decided to take an exceptional Imperial Milk Stout base beer and put an obscene amount of toasted and un-toasted coconut into it until beer and confectionary treat melded seamlessly together. Simple, but oh so decadent.
Clock House brewing with another tasty sounding release coming at us a week from today! On Thursday, October 8th they will be releasing “Southern Cousins” fruited kettle sour with apricots and peaches. This release will be a draft only, so make sure to stop in and try a pour!
This one is sure to be a can’t miss for coconut lovers! Batch 1,001 coming from Lion Bridge! Here’s more:
Oco Noco (Imperial Milk Stout w/Coconut, 10.5%) – For batch 1001 we wanted to make something special. We decided to take an exceptional Imperial Milk Stout base beer and put an obscene amount of toasted and un-toasted coconut into it until beer and confectionary treat melded seamlessly together. Simple, but oh so decadent.$21.99 4-pack.
Available to place orders on Sunday Oct 11 at 9pm for pick up on Wednesday.