Are you ready for Big Ed? A personal favorite makes its way back to my fridge on August 1st!
Are you ready for Big Ed? A personal favorite makes its way back to my fridge on August 1st!
Here’s the inside scoop on upcoming July releases from Backpocket! If you haven’t tried their latest sours you should add that task to your weekend list! Here are the dates for their July releases!
07/04/20 Saturday Morning: Berries 4pk/16oz
07/10/20 Angel Haze NEIPA 4pk/16oz
07/17/20 Pucker Up Right Meow 6pk/12oz
07/18/20 8th Anniversary BA Stout 12oz Bottles (Taproom Only)
07/24/20 Tiki Sour 4pk/16oz
07/24/20 Hawktoberfest 6pk/12oz
07/24/20 Clonefest Festbier 6pk/12oz
07/31/20 House Divided NEIPA 4pk/12oz
A nice mix of styles coming from the latest Abu Nawas drop as we will get puckered with some old world lambics but also can grab the latest from Evil Twin! Here we go:
- Kerkom Reuss 12/750ml – Blend of old Boon Lambic with Belgian Blonde. 6.5% ABV.
- Kerkom Bink Blond 24/330ml – Delicious and balanced Belgian Blonde. 6.0% ABV.
- Kerkom Bink Bruin 24/330ml – Mellow dark Belgian. 6.0% ABV
- Kerkom Bink Bloesem 24/330ml – A unique Belgian Ale brewed with Honey and Pear Syrup. 7.1% ABV.
- BOON OUDE GEUZE12/12.7oz (12/375ml). Oude Geuze Boon is one of the finest examples of the traditional 100% spontaneous fermentation Lambic style. To moderate the sourness, Boon Brewery only brews Lambic in the 7 cold months, from early October until April, according to the traditional “turbid mash” system. This Lambic beer is brewed from 40% unmalted wheat, 60% of barley malt, aged hops, and wild yeasts collected from our coolship and is aged for 1, 2 or 3 years in oak casks. The blend, a mild average of 18 months old Lambic (unsweetened, unfiltered, unpasteurized) is refermented in the bottle and can be stored up to 20 years. Brewed in Lembeek, the village that gave Lambic its name. Awards at the World Beer Championships: 2008 Gold, 2010 Silver, 2012 Gold Medal. 7% ABV.
- BOON FRAMBOISE 12/12.7oz (12/375ml). Framboise Boon is a traditional Belgian Lambic fruit-beer. It is brewed according to the traditional Lambic style of spontaneous fermentation. Only fresh raspberries (25%) and wild cherries (5%)are used for this Lambic beer. Framboise Boon is the missing link between beer and wine and is served chilled in flute glasses. NO artificial sweeteners, flavorings, preservatives or coloring agents. Brewed in Lembeek, the village that gave Lambic its name. 5% ABV.
- BOON KRIEK 12/12.7oz (12/375ml). Kriek Boon is a traditional Belgian Lambic fruit-beer. It is brewed according to the traditional Lambic style of spontaneous fermentation. Only fresh cherries (25%) are used. Kriek Boon is slightly sweet, with the surprising natural fragrance of sour cherries and almonds. 4% ABV.
- Mikkeller / Boon Oude Geuze 12/750 ml – The Mikkeller Oude Gueze lambic is a new unique collaboration between Mikkeller and Boon. Blending lambic from one to three years old, this blend is made in the traditional method of spontaneous fermentation in the Senne valley, Belgium. This special blend has a distinct twist being matured in oak foeders previously used for Calvados. Ideal before a meal or paired with cheese. 6.4% ABV.
- Evil Twin Even More COCO Jesus 6/4/16oz CAN – Imperial Stout brewed with Maple Syrup and Coconut. 12% ABV.
- Evil Twin Even More Jesus 6/4/16oz CAN – Jeppe Legendary Imperial Stout. 12% ABV.
- Evil Twin Brewing I ALWAYS LOOK FORWARD TO MY I-95 6/4/16oz CAN – Hops: Citra, Galaxy, Nelson Double Dry Hopped Triple IPA. 11.3% ABV.
- Evil Twin I Always Felt Closer to IPAs Than I Did to People 6/4/16oz CAN – Double dry-hopped with tons of tasty Galaxy, Citra, Simcoe and Falconer‘s Flight, Hazy NE-IPA 7.5% ABV.
- Evil Twin Everyday, Once A Day IPA 6/4/16oz CAN – Double dry-hopped Imperial IPA brewed with lactose and vanilla beans. 9% ABV.
- Evil Twin Learn What Is to Be Taken Seriously and Laugh at the Rest 6/4/16oz CANS – Hazy NE-IPA. 7% ABV.
- Evil Twin Cocktail Series: Mojito 6/4/16oz CAN – Mojito-style Sour DIPA brewed with Lime & Mint. 7% ABV.
- Evil Twin Cocktail Series: Negroni 6/4/16oz CAN – Negroni-style Sour IPA brewed with Juniper, Blood Orange, & Rhubarb. 7% ABV.
- Evil Twin Cocktail Series: Passionfruit Margarita 6/4/16oz CAN – Margarita-style Sour IPA brewed with Passionfruit, Lime, & Orange Peel. 7% ABV.
- Evil Twin Cocktail Series: Tangerine Tonic 6/4/16oz CAN – Gin & Tonic-Inspired Sour DIPA brewed with Tangerine. 8% ABV.
- Evil Twin Irish-ish Coffee Stout 6/4/16oz CANS – Imperial Stout brewed with Lactose, Demerara Sugar, Nutmeg, Vanilla, Medium Toast Oak Spirals and – of course – a ton of Coffee. 10.3 % ABV.
As they open up their taproom to customers tomorrow, Lion Bridge will also be releasing a beauty of a hazy IPA in Corporate Mandate! This beer checks in a 7% ABV and is loaded with El Dorado, Citra, and Azacca hops! Here’s more from Lion Bridge as well as a preorder form! One of the best patios to have a beer so make sure you get down to the Czech Village tomorrow and support them!
Just in time for our reopening this Wednesday, Corporate put the hammer down for us to brew our popular Hazy IPA 😉
Corporate Mandate clocks in at 7%abv and we’re throwing in a ridiculous amount of El Dorado, Citra, and Azacca hops which shine a tropical burst of fruit on these past few tumultuous months.
Pints and 4-packs will be available for on site consumption (at 50% capacity) or for curbside pickup starting Wednesday 6/3!
Preorder online at:
Hooray beer! More tasty brews available to us this week! This time from Clock House Brewing Company! They will be releasing a few very small batch beers and include them in a 4 pack variety pack! Here are the deets on this 4 pack courtesy of Clock House’s Facebook page!
We are excited to announce we have 3 new beers coming your way on Thursday, June 4th. These delicious brews were all part of our small batch experimental trial, so supplies are very limited. We will be offering 4-can (16 oz) variety packs to go which includes the following:
1 can of Snoozberry Smoothie– We took our over fruited Snozzberry Sour and added even more fruit to it. This may be the healthiest beer ever made.
1 can of Sour Patch Man– Our kettle sour infused with loads of Sour Patch Kids. Our spin on what adult candy would look like.
2 cans of Pineapple Coconut Witch Slap– Our flagship NEIPA infused with several pounds of coconut and pineapple. If you like beer-adas and getting caught in the rain, this may be for you.
-One 4-pack per customer. These were nano-brews, so supplies are limited.
-No substitutions. These beers will not be available for individual purchase.
-A limited amount of Pineapple Coconut Witch Slap and Sour Patch Man will be available on draft in our taproom. Snoozberry Smoothie will unfortunately not be on tap.
-The variety packs will only be available to purchase online.
-Pickups can be made in our taproom or at the curb.
Online Order form:
Brewers continue to busy across the state of Iowa, releasing cans of our favorite beers and this Friday, Pulpit Rock Brewing will be releasing 4 more brews! Check out the deets courtesy of Pulpit’s Facebook page:
First up, everyone’s favorite beer is back! Saftig – our classic IPA with mosaic, simcoe, and citra will be available Friday. $4.00/16oz. can, 2 case limit (48 cans)
Missing those church lunches during the summer afternoons trying to decide which cold salad you are going to eat? Look no further. We’ve got the best one in town for you. Church Salad is packed full of fresh pineapple, coconut, marshmallows, and walnuts. This pastry kettle sour is available Friday. $6.50/16oz. can, 8 can limit.
Missed your chance to drink Poolside, poolside last season? Now is your chance! This pastry kettle sour has hundreds of pounds of fresh raspberries infused into it and topped off with lemonade mix. Available Friday, $6.50/16oz. can, 8 can limit.
And for our newest sour – meet Jamboree! It is filled with fresh strawberries, graham crackers, and cheesecake mix! We are excited for you to try this one. Available Friday, $6.50/16oz can, 8 can limit.
*We will be maintaining our drive-thru service this weekend. Please follow signs and enter the line on Painter St. using our alley. keep in mind, if the line is too long and causing issues with local traffic, we may need to open early. As a reminder, we are still donating 10% of our sales to affected local businesses and their employees. Your support each week is highly appreciated!
I was pretty stoked to see Marto Brewing crowlers make their way from Sioux City over to Eastern Iowa. I’ve been wanting to try these guys for a long time and hopefully within the next few weeks I’ll get to visit the brewery itself.
This beer is reminiscent of SingleSpeed’s Coconut Migration so just like with that one, you have to be a Pina Colada or pineapple/coconut combo fan to dig on this. On the flip side, this is could be a gateway beer for those Pina Colada lovers out there as well. Seeing this in Cedar Rapids goes to show the lengths these Iowa breweries will go and the time/travel/and hard work that they put in to get their beers into our hands.
Orange/yellow pour. Huge white head that dissipates quickly. Aroma of the tropics: coconut/pineapple sweetness. Almost a creamy mouthfeel to this beer. Very enjoyable on this hot and humid early Iowa Summer day!
I pretty much covered this already. It’s a pina colada lovers dream in beer form really. This is your perfect poolside companion except in crowler form!
There’s a time and place for every beer and the time and place for this one is right now. The heat is rolling in, the humidity is making your shirt cling to your sweaty back, it’s time for you to finish mowing your lawn, pulling your weeds, playing whiffle ball with your kids, and grab a chair, plop your sweaty ass down and crack one of these in your driveway and soak the day in! The perfect time to Drink This!
Dimensional Brewing out of Dubuque will have their barrel aged Sticky Icky Beans going on sale this coming Thursday, May 21st. Online order form will be posted by the brewery sometime Thursday so stay tuned for more info on that. Here’s more from the brewery:
Barrel Aged Sticky Icky Beans is an Imperial Stout aged in Blaum Bros. Distilling Co. Bourbon Barrels for 14 months w/ Jumble Coffee Company and maple syrup added. BA Sticky Icky Beans will go on sale this Thursday, May 21st. We will continue to update information about this release. Select attending or interested in this event. Here are some details about the event.
-We will open up Online orders sometime Thursday night. (Don’t worry, we will give a specific time sometime soon so you can plan.)
-Successful orders will have from Friday, May 22nd to Sunday, June 21st to pick up.
-We will allow proxy beer pickups. (We will detail how to name a proxy in detail in the near future.)
-QTY per person and cost are TBD.
-Thursday night will only allow you to order BA Sticky Icky Beans. If you would like other beers upon your pick up date, please place your additional beer order the day of your determined pick up.
-We will not have this beer on tap (During Covid-19 restrictions) to avoid having an over crowded Restaurant and Taproom.
-Should you plan on hanging out when picking up your beer, you must order some delicious food from Flatted Fifth Blues & BBQ.
– Beer orders will be made at the same link that has been provided throughout our curbside pick up option.
Please stay tuned in for more details. We can’t thank you enough for your continued support. Thank you.
Clockhouse Brewing out of Cedar Rapids will be releasing another beer into cans this coming Friday, May 15th, starting at 3:00 p.m. Snozzberry Sour will be their latest and you can preorder it and other Clockhouse beers by clicking here.
Here are the details on this brew:
They say, “We all need a little more fruit in our diet.” So we loaded this kettle sour with Raspberries, Blueberries, and Blackberries. The perfect trifecta for starting your post quarantine diet.
*Available in 16 oz cans
The Beer Gods continue to smile upon us even in this trying time as our wonderful brewers, brewery employees continue to get us great beer every damn week! Big Grove has been releasing 4 beers, many of them new, every week for the past how many weeks for their drive thru weekend operation and Pulpit has been pushing at least two releases every Friday! So, what do these breweries have for us this weekend?
This beer has the moves, dancing with 600lbs of fresh strawberries and lemonade mix to give it that refreshing summer taste. Jacuzzi Moves – a strawberry and lemonade mix kettle pastry sour, $6.50/16oz. can, no limits
Blueberries, marshmallows, golden sandwich cookies oh my! Who could ask for a better combination? This blueberry sour will blow you away. Blustery is available this Friday. $6.50/16oz.can, no limits
The official beer of RAGBRAI is back! This light and crisp golden ale rolls into town with a hot, new look and four new pals.
PEACH MOSH PIT
Gose featuring peaches, apricots, and plums. Sweet, tart, and the perfect patio beer.
ALL NEW EVERYTHING
Hazy double IPA delivers bright, juicy, and fruity greatness by way of the all-new experimental cryo hop blend and pilsner malt. Get ready… this one shines!
BOSTON CREAM PIE
Is a pie that’s actually a cake that’s actually a beer! Chocolate, vanilla, and lactose come together for decadent dessert in a can.
TROPICAL FREAK OUT
Is our latest Gusher. Highlighted by a Snowbird sour ale base, we added heaps of pineapple and tangerine to take you straight to the tropical paradise of your dreams.
If you have a release coming up and would like me to post just shoot me an email! Cheers everyone!