Are you ready for Big Ed? A personal favorite makes its way back to my fridge on August 1st!
Are you ready for Big Ed? A personal favorite makes its way back to my fridge on August 1st!
Lion Bridge brewing will be releasing 2 new cans to their lineup tomorrow (7/1) at 3 p.m. at their brewery in the Czech Village. Here’s what we can expect tomorrow!
A new one: Green Dragon (New Zealand Pilsner, 5.5%abv) New Zealand Motueka hops and a cool fermentation with our house Alt yeast yield this niche style that is clean and quaffable with pronounced tropical fruit and citrus flavors.
And an old favorite, now in CANS: Kundera Kolsch (4.6%abv) Slight hop bitterness, pleasing European malt character and pleasant floral German hop flavor and aroma.
We’ll also have Dan & Debbie’s ice cream pints for sale out of the Taproom tomorrow.
Also announced for a July 28th release is a personal summer favorite and that is Cucumber Kolsch coming to cans!
Cucumber Kölsch (Field Beer, 4.6%) – Lion Bridge Brewing Company teamed up with Bass Farms to brew this intriguing take on a classic German style. The bright melon character of fresh picked cucumber plays with the crisp, spicy nature of the style. The result is refreshing and delightful. Cheers to local producers!
Here comes a big Clown Shoes drop! Check it out!
- Clown Shoes Crunkle Sam 2020 1/12/19.2oz “Stovepipe” CAN – Bourbon Barrel-Aged American Barleywine. 10% ABV. Just in time for the 4th!
- Clown Shoes Undead Rhapsody 1/12/19.2oz “Stovepipe” CAN – American Imperial Stout With Barleywine Ale Aged in Bourbon and Rum Barrels. 11% ABV.
- Clown Shoes Rainbows are Real 6/4/16oz CAN – Hazy IPA Infused with Terpenes. 6.75% ABV.
- Clown Shoes Cashed Up Bogan 6/4/16oz CAN – Double IPA with Australian Hops. 8% ABV.
- Clown Shoes DDH Zen Garden 6/4/16oz CAN – Double Dry Hopped New England India Pale Ale, flush with full-bodied, hazy flavor from wheat and oat in the malt bill and a steady stream of hop additions. Hopped with Azacca, Citra, and Mosaic. 6.75% ABV.
- Clown Shoes Coconut Sombrero 6/4/16oz CAN – Mexican-Style Chocolate Stout adds Coconut into the mix for a smooth and sweet seasonal twist alongside the classic roasted malt and chocolate flavors that define our Sombrero series. 7% ABV.
- Clown Shoes Mocha Sombrero 6/4/16oz CAN – A variant of Chocolate Sombrero. Mexican-Style Chocolate Stout with Coffee and Vanilla. 7% ABV.
- Clown Shoes Sunhat 6/4/16oz CANS – Hazy Farmhouse IPA brewed with Citra, Mosaic and El Dorado Hops. Great Citrus-Forward Aroma Flavor. 7% ABV.
- Clown Shoes Drongo 24/16 oz 4-Pack. This beer is a blend of kettle sour and Australian hopped IPA (Galaxy and Ella). 6.5% ABV.
- Clown Shoes Leaving Atlantis 6/4/16oz CAN – IPA with Chardonnay Grape Must. 7% ABV.
- Clown Shoes Galactica IIPA 6/4/16oz CAN – Clown Shoes Famed Double IPA Dry hopped with Galaxy Hops, this one balances a hop profile of light bitterness and notes of tropical fruit, citrus, and pine with a clean malt backbone.. 8% ABV.
- Clown Shoes Space Cake 6/4/16oz CAN – Clown Shoes Space Cake 6/4/16oz CAN – Double IPA with Mosaic and Citra Hops. 9% ABV.
- Clown Shoes Pineapple Space Cake 6/4/16oz CAN – Pineapple Double IPA. 7.77% ABV.
- Clown Shoes Bubble Farm IPA 6/4/16oz CAN – American IPA maintains an approachable medium-body without sacrificing any of the full aroma and flavor of copious dry-hopping additions of Simcoe, Azacca, and Idaho 7 hops. 6.5% ABV.
- Clown Shoes Lil Crispy 6/4/16oz CAN – Crisp Light IPA with Centennial, Simcoe, and Huell Melon Hops. 4.8% ABV.
- Clown Shoes Clementine 6/4/16oz CAN – White Ale with Spices, All Natural Clementine Flavor, Sweet Orange Peel, Coriander, Mandarina Hops. 6% ABV. ***NEW 16oz CAN***
- Clown Shoes Mango Kolsch 6/4/16oz CAN – American Kōlsch with All Natural Mango Flavor, Columbus and Huell Melon Hops. 5.5% ABV.
- Clown Shoes Pecan Pie Porter 6/4/16oz CAN – American Porter with All-Natural Pecan Pie Flavor. 8% ABV.
Here’s the inside scoop on upcoming July releases from Backpocket! If you haven’t tried their latest sours you should add that task to your weekend list! Here are the dates for their July releases!
07/04/20 Saturday Morning: Berries 4pk/16oz
07/10/20 Angel Haze NEIPA 4pk/16oz
07/17/20 Pucker Up Right Meow 6pk/12oz
07/18/20 8th Anniversary BA Stout 12oz Bottles (Taproom Only)
07/24/20 Tiki Sour 4pk/16oz
07/24/20 Hawktoberfest 6pk/12oz
07/24/20 Clonefest Festbier 6pk/12oz
07/31/20 House Divided NEIPA 4pk/12oz
Big Grove Brewery will continue their Saturday morning burritos and beers drive-thru and will have a new gusher beer available and also will be cleaning out their cooler with a great deal on some of their drive-thru classic beers! Here’s what’s in store:
*American Wheat w/Pink Guava + Plum Gusher
COOLER CLEAN OUT
*This Saturday from 9-11am we are having a cooler cleanout! Pre-order some of our drive thru classics. We want to say thank you for all of the support you all have shown us during our shut down. To do that, we would like to offer you a free pint token for every $50 spent. For use in the Iowa City and Solon Taprooms. Thank you again, we appreciate you all.
Place your order here!
We are getting a bunch of Prairie brews this week courtesy of Abu Nawas distro! Check out the list below!
PRAIRIE ARTISAN ALES BOTTLES:
- Prairie Artisan Ales Prairie STUF’T 12/12oz – Imperial Stout Aged in Bourbon Barrels with Vanilla, Cacao Nibs, and Double Stuf’t Oreos. 14% ABV.
- Prairie Artisan Ales Corner Piece 12/12oz – Imperial stout brewed with Birthday Cake flavor. 11% ABV.
- Prairie Weekend 12/12oz – Imperial Stout with Coconut, Cacao Nibs, and Marshmallow. 13.3% ABV.
- Prairie Paradise 12/12oz Bottles – Imperial Stout with Vanilla and Coconut. 13% ABV.
- Prairie Artisan Ales / Evil Twin Bible Belt 1212oz – Prairie Version of A Collab of Epic Proportions. Bible Belt takes elements we love from Prairie Bomb! and combines them with Evil Twin Brewing’s world-famous stout, Even More Jesus. 13% ABV.
- Prairie BOMB 12/12oz – Imperial Stout aged on Nordaggio’s espresso beans, chocolate, vanilla beans, and ancho chile peppers. All the flavors meld to create a truly unique beer. The peppers add just the right amount of heat to complement the intense coffee and chocolate flavors. 13% ABV.
- Prairie Oh! Fudge 12/12oz – Imperial Stout brewed with Brownies. 11.5% ABV.PRAIRIE ARTISAN ALES CANS:
- Prairie Artisan Ales Merica 6/4/12oz CAN – Single malt, single hop farmhouse ale. It’s brewed with floor-malted pilsner and 3lbs per bbl Nelson Sauvin hops. The beer is conditioned with 2 brett strains and wine yeast. The Nelson hops provide white wine flavors while Brettanomyces add a juicy quality to the beer. 7.5% ABV.
- Prairie Artisan Ales Blueberry Boyfriend 6/4/12oz CAN – Sour Ale with Blueberries and Lemon Zest! Just in time of the heatwave. 5.4% ABV.
- Prairie Artisan Ales Rainbow Sherbet 6/4/12oz CAN – Back by popular demand! Have you ever drank a rainbow? Well, now you can! Sour ale with raspberry, pineapple, and orange. 5.2% ABV.
- Prairie Artisan Ales Vape Tricks 6/4/12oz CAN – Sour Ale Aged on Cherries. 5.9% ABV.
- Prairie Artisan Ales Prairie Flare 6/4/12oz CAN – Gose with Citrus Fruits and Coriander. 5.4% ABV.
- Prairie / American Solera Collab. All Y’all 6/4/12oz CAN – Hazy India Pale Ale. 8.8% ABV.
- Prairie Funky Gold Mosaic 6/4/12oz CAN – Mosaic Dry-hopped sour ale. 5.8% ABV.
- Prairie Artisan Ales Karate Chimp 6/4/12oz CAN – Sour Ale with Apricot, Mango, and Tangerine. 5.4% ABV.
- Prairie Artisan Ales Prairie No Way Frose 6/4/12oz CAN – Sour Ale with Lime Zest, Strawberry and Pineapple, and Juniper. Perfect Summer Beer. 4.9% ABV.
- Prairie Artisan Ales Phantasmagoria 6/4/12oz CAN – Big, Bold Double IPA. 8.0% ABV.
- Prairie Artisan Ales Standard 6/4/12oz CAN – Light, crisp farmhouse ale dry-hopped with Motueka hops, a lovely New Zealand hop with a spicy lime like flavor and aroma. 5.6% ABV.
A nice mix of styles coming from the latest Abu Nawas drop as we will get puckered with some old world lambics but also can grab the latest from Evil Twin! Here we go:
- Kerkom Reuss 12/750ml – Blend of old Boon Lambic with Belgian Blonde. 6.5% ABV.
- Kerkom Bink Blond 24/330ml – Delicious and balanced Belgian Blonde. 6.0% ABV.
- Kerkom Bink Bruin 24/330ml – Mellow dark Belgian. 6.0% ABV
- Kerkom Bink Bloesem 24/330ml – A unique Belgian Ale brewed with Honey and Pear Syrup. 7.1% ABV.
- BOON OUDE GEUZE12/12.7oz (12/375ml). Oude Geuze Boon is one of the finest examples of the traditional 100% spontaneous fermentation Lambic style. To moderate the sourness, Boon Brewery only brews Lambic in the 7 cold months, from early October until April, according to the traditional “turbid mash” system. This Lambic beer is brewed from 40% unmalted wheat, 60% of barley malt, aged hops, and wild yeasts collected from our coolship and is aged for 1, 2 or 3 years in oak casks. The blend, a mild average of 18 months old Lambic (unsweetened, unfiltered, unpasteurized) is refermented in the bottle and can be stored up to 20 years. Brewed in Lembeek, the village that gave Lambic its name. Awards at the World Beer Championships: 2008 Gold, 2010 Silver, 2012 Gold Medal. 7% ABV.
- BOON FRAMBOISE 12/12.7oz (12/375ml). Framboise Boon is a traditional Belgian Lambic fruit-beer. It is brewed according to the traditional Lambic style of spontaneous fermentation. Only fresh raspberries (25%) and wild cherries (5%)are used for this Lambic beer. Framboise Boon is the missing link between beer and wine and is served chilled in flute glasses. NO artificial sweeteners, flavorings, preservatives or coloring agents. Brewed in Lembeek, the village that gave Lambic its name. 5% ABV.
- BOON KRIEK 12/12.7oz (12/375ml). Kriek Boon is a traditional Belgian Lambic fruit-beer. It is brewed according to the traditional Lambic style of spontaneous fermentation. Only fresh cherries (25%) are used. Kriek Boon is slightly sweet, with the surprising natural fragrance of sour cherries and almonds. 4% ABV.
- Mikkeller / Boon Oude Geuze 12/750 ml – The Mikkeller Oude Gueze lambic is a new unique collaboration between Mikkeller and Boon. Blending lambic from one to three years old, this blend is made in the traditional method of spontaneous fermentation in the Senne valley, Belgium. This special blend has a distinct twist being matured in oak foeders previously used for Calvados. Ideal before a meal or paired with cheese. 6.4% ABV.
- Evil Twin Even More COCO Jesus 6/4/16oz CAN – Imperial Stout brewed with Maple Syrup and Coconut. 12% ABV.
- Evil Twin Even More Jesus 6/4/16oz CAN – Jeppe Legendary Imperial Stout. 12% ABV.
- Evil Twin Brewing I ALWAYS LOOK FORWARD TO MY I-95 6/4/16oz CAN – Hops: Citra, Galaxy, Nelson Double Dry Hopped Triple IPA. 11.3% ABV.
- Evil Twin I Always Felt Closer to IPAs Than I Did to People 6/4/16oz CAN – Double dry-hopped with tons of tasty Galaxy, Citra, Simcoe and Falconer‘s Flight, Hazy NE-IPA 7.5% ABV.
- Evil Twin Everyday, Once A Day IPA 6/4/16oz CAN – Double dry-hopped Imperial IPA brewed with lactose and vanilla beans. 9% ABV.
- Evil Twin Learn What Is to Be Taken Seriously and Laugh at the Rest 6/4/16oz CANS – Hazy NE-IPA. 7% ABV.
- Evil Twin Cocktail Series: Mojito 6/4/16oz CAN – Mojito-style Sour DIPA brewed with Lime & Mint. 7% ABV.
- Evil Twin Cocktail Series: Negroni 6/4/16oz CAN – Negroni-style Sour IPA brewed with Juniper, Blood Orange, & Rhubarb. 7% ABV.
- Evil Twin Cocktail Series: Passionfruit Margarita 6/4/16oz CAN – Margarita-style Sour IPA brewed with Passionfruit, Lime, & Orange Peel. 7% ABV.
- Evil Twin Cocktail Series: Tangerine Tonic 6/4/16oz CAN – Gin & Tonic-Inspired Sour DIPA brewed with Tangerine. 8% ABV.
- Evil Twin Irish-ish Coffee Stout 6/4/16oz CANS – Imperial Stout brewed with Lactose, Demerara Sugar, Nutmeg, Vanilla, Medium Toast Oak Spirals and – of course – a ton of Coffee. 10.3 % ABV.
Two new brews coming from Lion Bridge on June 18th and both of these sound like a release you’ll want to plan your day around!
Mallow Gold (9%abv, Barrel-Aged S’mores Stout) – We took bourbon barrel aged stout from our stock that have been aging for over a year, and s’moresified it! Marshmallow, Chocolate, and Graham Cracker meld beautifully in this campfire beer. $17.99 4-pack
Me Time (NEIPA, 7.2%) Heavy on the Citra with a comforting dose of Cashmere hops. It’s ok, have some more Me Time. $12.99 4-pack
As they open up their taproom to customers tomorrow, Lion Bridge will also be releasing a beauty of a hazy IPA in Corporate Mandate! This beer checks in a 7% ABV and is loaded with El Dorado, Citra, and Azacca hops! Here’s more from Lion Bridge as well as a preorder form! One of the best patios to have a beer so make sure you get down to the Czech Village tomorrow and support them!
Just in time for our reopening this Wednesday, Corporate put the hammer down for us to brew our popular Hazy IPA 😉
Corporate Mandate clocks in at 7%abv and we’re throwing in a ridiculous amount of El Dorado, Citra, and Azacca hops which shine a tropical burst of fruit on these past few tumultuous months.
Pints and 4-packs will be available for on site consumption (at 50% capacity) or for curbside pickup starting Wednesday 6/3!
Preorder online at:
Hooray beer! More tasty brews available to us this week! This time from Clock House Brewing Company! They will be releasing a few very small batch beers and include them in a 4 pack variety pack! Here are the deets on this 4 pack courtesy of Clock House’s Facebook page!
We are excited to announce we have 3 new beers coming your way on Thursday, June 4th. These delicious brews were all part of our small batch experimental trial, so supplies are very limited. We will be offering 4-can (16 oz) variety packs to go which includes the following:
1 can of Snoozberry Smoothie– We took our over fruited Snozzberry Sour and added even more fruit to it. This may be the healthiest beer ever made.
1 can of Sour Patch Man– Our kettle sour infused with loads of Sour Patch Kids. Our spin on what adult candy would look like.
2 cans of Pineapple Coconut Witch Slap– Our flagship NEIPA infused with several pounds of coconut and pineapple. If you like beer-adas and getting caught in the rain, this may be for you.
-One 4-pack per customer. These were nano-brews, so supplies are limited.
-No substitutions. These beers will not be available for individual purchase.
-A limited amount of Pineapple Coconut Witch Slap and Sour Patch Man will be available on draft in our taproom. Snoozberry Smoothie will unfortunately not be on tap.
-The variety packs will only be available to purchase online.
-Pickups can be made in our taproom or at the curb.
Online Order form: