URBAN CHESTNUT COMING TO IOWA!
The cat is out of the bag. As some of you have heard, the rumors are true! We are thrilled to bring to you URBAN CHESTNUT out of St Louis. Besides the tremendous respect that we have for this brewery and their almost dogmatic way of sticking with Classic German Styles, they are above all a wonderful bunch of humans that we are proud to call friends. It doesnt get any better than crisp, clean German beers brewed by an actual German. Brewmaster Florian Kuplent brings two decades of artisan brewing experience to Urban Chestnut Brewing Co. From serving as a brewer’s apprentice in a small German brewery to developing award-winning beer recipes for one of the world’s largest brewers, Florian now shares his distinctive brewing creations with the craft beer enthusiasts of St. Louis from the brewhouse of his start-up brewery, Urban Chestnut Brewing Company.
Florian pays “reverence” to the heritage of beer with offerings of classically-crafted, timeless European beer styles. This philosophy is also utilized at the Urban Chestnut Hallertauer Brauerei located in Wolnzach, Bavaria, where timeless regional classics are brewed alongside modern styles.
URBAN CHESTNUT BREWING COMPANY:
- URBAN CHESTNUT ZWICKEL 6/4/16oz CANS – Bavarian Lager. Pronounced ‘zv-ick-el’, the flagship lager of Urban Chestnut. It is an unfiltered, unpasteurized, German classic that finishes as a smooth-drinking, naturally cloudy bier. 5% ABV – MO
- URBAN CHESTNUT Big Shark Tangerine Radler 6/4/16oz CANS – Tangerine Radler. In German, “Radler” means: cyclist and it also means: Bier-mixed-with-soda. Thirst quenching and exactly what you need for a summer day! 4.2% ABV – MO
- URBAN CHESTNUT STAMMTISCH 6/4/16oz CANS – German Pilsner. A “Stammtisch” is an informal group meeting held on a regular basis – more directly translating to ‘table for regulars’. Our Stammtisch was brewed to celebrate this idea of community and socializing. It’s a traditional German Pilsner featuring a blend of Hallertau and Strisselspalt hops, giving it a pronounced herbal and spicy aroma. It’s crisp and dry with a light grainy malt profile. We think it’s the perfect accompaniment to any gathering. 5.4% ABV – MO
- URBAN CHESTNUT SCHNICKELFRITZ 6/4/16oz CANS – Bavarian Weissbier. The unmistakable characteristics of this Bavarian Weissbier are achieved with a yeast that is decidedly fruity and phenolic. You may note clove, nutmeg or even vanilla and/or banana-like aromas and flavors. 5% ABV – MO
- URBAN CHESTNUT DORFBIER 6/4/16oz CANS – Munich Dunkel. Some refer to the Dunkel style as the original bier of Munich and its surrounding villages (Dörfer). This everyday bier ranges in color and sweetness depending on the amount of Munich and roasted malts used. The sweetness of the malt is then balanced by the use of another Bavarian friend…the Hallertau hop…in this specific case, Hersbrucker, grown near Wolnzach, Hallertau. 5.2% ABV – MO
- URBAN CHESTNUT Prickly Pear Ku’damm 6/4/16oz CANS – Prickly Pear Berliner Weisse. Prickly Pear Berliner Weisse is pale gold and hazy with clean, lemon-like tartness, light body and light doughy-ness. 4.2% ABV – MO
- Pohjala Orange Gose 24x330ml CANS – A citrus-forward gose brewed with Oranges, Coriander, Himalayan rock salt, and house culture of lactobacillus. Brewed and packaged in Tallinn, Estonia. 5.5% ABV – EE
- Pohjala Prenzlauer Berg 24x330ml CANS – A rich and creamy sour wheat beer, brewed with Raspberries. Brewed and packaged in Tallinn, Estonia. 4.5% ABV – EE
- Pohjala Cherry Garden 24x330ml CANS – Imperial Gose brewed with cherries. Brewed and packaged in Tallinn, Estonia.8% ABV – EE
- Pohjala Must Kuld Chai Latte 24x330ml CANS – A special version of our Must Kuld porter inspired by Chai Latte and brewed with aromatic spices. Brewed and packaged in Tallinn, Estonia. 7.8% ABV – EE
- Pohjala Must Kuld 24/330ml BT – A rich porter with smooth honey notes. Brewed with lactose for that extra silky texture. Enjoy on its own or as a dessert at the end of a decadent meal. Contains barley malt and lactose. Brewed and packaged in Tallinn, Estonia. 7.8% ABV – EE
- Pohjala CocoBanger 24/330 ml BT – A banging Imperial stout brewed with coconut and a Caturra coffee from Costa Rica. Brewed and packaged in Tallinn, Estonia. 12.5% ABV – EE
- Pohjala Torm 24/330ml CANS – Imperial Gose. A strong sour and salty wheat beer brewed with lingonberry, heather tips, and honey. Brewed and packaged in Tallinn, Estonia.8% ABV – EE
- Pohjala Valk 24x330ml CANS – Imperial Gose brewed with freshly picked Bilberries at peak ripeness and sage. Billberries are a northern country’s berry. Brewed and packaged in Tallinn, Estonia. 8% ABV – EE