Another week of some tasty brews coming to us from Abu Nawas and among those is another new brewery from Brooklyn…everyone welcome Blank Brewing Company to Iowa! Here’s more on this week’s drop!
First up, Blank Brewing will be starting their time in Iowa with their stout, A Round on the House.
From the mysterious brewery: The purpose of this message is to announce the arrival of a new entity – one whose origins and whereabouts are currently unknown and shall be kept anonymous for the duration of its existence. The purpose of the entity in question is to create beers that you have never seen before. You may or may not be aware of who is involved here, but identities will not be revealed. To clarify, there is a reason you can’t see me: because unless the ideas seem either entirely youthful or utterly forward-thinking, this entity will not produce them. Labels by Mr. ZZZZ, beer from me,_______.Is it a secret brewing cabal? The Illuminati? We’ll never know, but what we can say is they make great beer.
- Blank Brewing A Round on the House 16oz CAN – Outstanding and full of Secrets Cocoa Pebble Imperial Milk Stout. 8% ABV
- Decadent Ales Coconut Citrus Citra 16oz CAN – Triple Dry-Hopped All-Citra IPA brewed with Coconut & Citrus Fruit. 10.8% ABV.
- Evil Twin/Decadent Ales Decadent Delight #2 CAN – Peanut Butter & Marshmallow Imperial Stout. 11.8% ABV.
- Evil Twin/Decadent Ales Decadent Delight #1 CAN – We sold out of this one so fast that we had to Restock. The first collaboration with Evil Twin Brewing. This imperial stout was brewed with pistachio. Coconut and cinnamon tie the nutty aroma with the roast and chocolate of the base. 11.7% ABV
- Decadent Ales Bacon French Toast 16oz CAN – IPA with Maple Syrup, Caramelized Sugar and Loads of Bacon. 8.4% ABV.
- Decadent Ales Blueberry Frosted Pastry 16oz CAN – Mosaic Dry-Hopped DIPA brewed with Blueberries & Madagascar Vanilla Beans. 8.6% ABV.
- Decadent Ales Coconut Almond Macaroon 16oz CAN – Double Dry-Hopped All-Mosaic IPA brewed with Coconut & Almond. 8.2% ABV.
- Decadent Ales Double Toasted Marshmallow 16oz CAN – Dry hopped with a variety of hops featuring mosaic, Madagascar vanilla bean, marshmallows and a variety of candied, turbinado, coconut and other sugars create the mellow sweetness of campfire toasted marshmallow. 9.1% ABV.
- Decadent Ales Ectoplasmic Orange 16oz CAN – All Citra double dry hopped IPA, with tangerine and orange zest added.
- Decadent Ales Peach Frosted Pastry 16oz CAN – DIPA with peaches, cinnamon and allspice added. 8.6% ABV
- Decadent Ales S’mores 16oz CAN – All Mosaic Double Dry-Hopped DIPA brewed with Graham Crackers & Marshmallows. 9.1% ABV.
- Decadent Ales Strawberry French Toast 16oz CAN – DIPA with Vermont Maple Syrup, sugar burned and caramelized stove top, juicy strawberries, and a touch of cinnamon. Notes of dough and pancake batter round out the finish. Good for breakfast. Great for dessert. 8.6% ABV
- Decadent Ales Strawberry Frosted Pastry 16oz CAN – Mosaic Dry-Hopped DIPA brewed with Strawberries & Madagascar Vanilla Beans. 8.6% ABV.
- El Cedro 750ml Bottles – Hoppy Cedar-Aged Farmhouse Ale! The resinous, slightly evergreen aroma of the cedar would meld well with citrusy American hops. The funk from our mixed culture ended up adding an interesting over-ripened fruit note. 6..5% ABV.
- Le Petit Prince 750ml Bottles – Le Petit Prince is dry and bitter, showcasing the raw Texas Hill Country water and character of our mixed culture. It’s the Jester King beer by the people and for the people. A brewery Favorite and ours as well. 3% ABV.
- Figlet 750ml Bottles – Farmhouse ale refermented with Texas figs smoked by our world famed friends at FRANKLIN BBQ. 5.4% ABV. Yup, yup that’s Aaron Franklin on the Label!
- Simple Means 750ml Bottles – Simple Means takes inspiration from Altbier. This Farmhouse version is brewed with unfiltered, raw, Hill Country well water, malted barley, beechwood smoked malted barley, and hops. 100% naturally conditioned through refermentation in the bottle. 5.6% ABV Sleep Well Beast, Sleep Well!
- Reposé 750ml Bottles – Inspired by the dusty, hay-filled stone barns of the Nord de France that likely gave way to the rise of Bière de Garde, we included a small portion of hay in the mash for this beer. Taking a further cue from the slow and steady winter fermentation of the style, we allowed Reposé to rest in brandy barrels for almost a year. Unfiltered, unpasteurized, and 100% bottle-conditioned. 8.3% ABV.