I’m not sure what everyone else things but Abu Nawas getting us Hubbard’s Cave beers to our market sure has been a treat! Love what these guys are doing and look forward to trying everything they release. Here’s what’s coming down the line this week from Abu Nawas:
- Hubbard’s Cave: Fresh IIPA V5 (Citra, Mosaic) 16oz CANS – While these tropical fruit bomb hops need no further description, we’d also like to note that in addition to the subtle changes to the malt bill/brew process to amplify body/sweetness we made beginning with last week’s release (V29), this is the first batch trying a different yeast strain from what we’ve been using. We won’t spoil all the surprises but just want to say we think everyone will be pleased with the results.
- Hubbard’s Cave: Fresh IIPA V30 (Chinook, Idaho 7, Simcoe) 16oz CANS – This one is another new addition to the V series, Fresh IIPA V30, but keeping with the updated malt base and yeast profile beginning with V5. Chinook and Idaho 7 in the boil (or whirlpool, rather) give this one a nice piney and lightly bitter backbone, then a bit of each along with a large charge of Simcoe in the dry-hop drives this home while also yielding a beautiful bouquet of tropical fruit.
- Hubbard’s Cave: Coco Van 16oz CANS – From the Brewery: “Last time we made this beer we added more coconut than we’ve ever used and our backs paid the price when it came time to dig out the fermenter. This time we said backs be damned and added even more! We’re left with a thick and decadent coconut bomb of an imperial stout that goes down far too smooth for 12%.” ***Very Limited***
- Hubbard’s Cave: Mocha Pot de Crème16oz CANS –From the Brewery: “This is a brand new addition to the PdC series! We were, as always, excited to team up with our friends Brian and Josh at Abacus Coffee Roasters for our coffee addition on this beer. When we told them we wanted something to pair with a thick and chocolatey lactose stout, they came back with El Salvador Red Honey Bourbon, and we couldn’t be happier with the results. Smooth, creamy, and bursting with coffee, this one lives up to its name. ***Very Limited***
- Une Annee: Framboise 16oz CANS – American Wild Ale Fermented with Raspberries. 6.5% ABV ***Now in a Snazzy 2 Pack CANS***
- Une Année Le Seul XXVI (Boysenberry)24-CANS – 2pk16oz – Another in our Le Seul series makes its debut in cans! We’ve continued blending bits of our Brett culture into each batch of Le Seul to reduce acidity and add a little complexity, but that hasn’t stopped us from adding copious amounts of fruit to them! This batch saw a heaping addition of Boysenberries yielding a mild bitterness and strong aromas/flavors of sweet, jammy fruit. ***Now in a Snazzy 2 Pack CANS***
- Une Année Le Seul XXVIII (Tangerine)24-CANS – 2pk16oz – We have a new member of the Le Seul family with LS XXVIII (Tangerine). Falling in line with our other recent Le Seul releases, this one has a subtle tartness and a light Brett profile, with a luscious Tangerine aroma which brings Sunny D and daydreams of playing outside to mind. A springtime crusher! ***Now in a Snazzy 2 Pack CANS***