Some brews and some mead this week being dropped by Abu Nawas! Here’s the latest:
AGAINST THE GRAIN
- Against the Grain 35K 6/4/16oz CAN – ATG’s Infamous Milk Stout. 7.7% ABV.
- Against the Grain The Brown Note6/4/16oz CAN – The brown ale to end all brown ales. Enjoy it, because there is no longer any reason to drink another. 5% ABV.
- Against the Grain Citra Ass Down 6/4/16oz CAN – The Anticipated return of one of our Favorites. Double IPA brewed with Citra hops. It is sticky, hoppy and delicious. 8.2% ABV.
- Against the Grain Pile of Face 6/4/16oz CAN – A Delicious American IPA from our Kentucky friends. 6.5% ABV.
- Against the Grain Rico Sauvin IPA 6/4/16oz CAN – A Double India Pale Ale featuring a whole bunch of Nelson Sauvin hops GOODNESS! 8.2% ABV.
- Against the Grain Mixed Case 750ml Includes:
- 2 Bottles of Atilla the Hen – An imperial version of Kentucky Ryed Chiquen. A rye amber ale aged in rye bourbon barrels. 12.7% ABV.
- 2 Bottles of 70K – Take awesome and double it can only result in double awesome. It’s math. This is essentially the 35K recipe doubled. Double roasty, double chocolatey, double creamy, double delicious. Then they decided to make it 2.5X awesome by aging it in Angel’s Envy barrels for a really, really long time. The bourbon and oak flavors perfectly compliment the massive flavors in the double mega imperial milk stout. You don’t swim in this beer, it swims in you! 13.1% ABV.
- 2 Bottles of Johann Paycheque – A Wine barrel-aged sour with Brettanomyces. 6.5% ABV
- 2 Bottles of Herbie Samplecock – French Saison to transcend the noise. Additions of Lemon Balm and Lemon Verbena to the aroma of herbs and fresh-zested lemon. French Saison yeast contributes a floral, peppery flavor and light-body, and a load of spelt in the mash keep it balanced with a hint of richness. Take that beautiful base beer, then age it 6 months with Brett Clausenii and you have a bright, funky, tart Saison with layers of citrus, herbs, hay, and acidity that bring this beer to a new level.
- 4 Bottles of Brett The Hipman Hop – American Wild Ale. This beer is the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.
- B. Nektar Zombie Killer 500ml – Deep Pink Cider with Michigan Star Thistle Honey and Tart Cherries. Perfection. 5.5% ABV.
- B. Nektar Prickly Pear Kill All The Golfers 500ml.- Rich Honey and notes of Prickly Pear fruit contribute a mild sweetness followed by mildly bitter black tea and tart notes of lemon. 6% ABV.
- B. Nektar Kill All The Golfers 500ml – Mead with Orange Blossom Honey, Black Tea, and Lemon Juice. 6% ABV. Think of A boozy Arnold Palmer!
- B. Nektar Tuco Style Freakout 500ml. Mead with Orange Blossom Honey, Agave Nectar, Lime Juice, and Lime Zest. 6% ABV. #BreakingBad
- B. Nektar Punk Lemonade Cider 500ml – Raspberry & Lemon Hard Cider. 100 % Gluten Free. Mildy tart apple and lemon character that flows into a light raspberry sweetness. Medium body with a full mouth experience balancing sweet, tart and acidity. Refreshing sweet/tart finish.
- B. Nektar Core Crusher (Dry Cider) 500ml – Bone-dry hard cider. Encompassing the apple in its entirety. Slightly tannic with balanced acidity and medium body. Notes of earth and barn wood complement the dry, refreshing finish. 6.5% ABV
- B. Nektar Believe (American Gods) 500ml – B.Nektar is excited to announce it has partnered with the critically acclaimed TV show American Gods. Believe is Fresh Pressed Michigan Cider and Orange Blossom Honey. 5.6% ABV.
- B. Nektar Stupid Man Suit 500ml – Ruby Red Cider with Michigan Balaton Cherry, Raspberry, and Black Currants. Simply Delicious! 5.5% ABV. #DonnieDarko
- B. Nektar Dragons Are Real (Dragon’s Milk barrel-aged mead) 375ml. For the Game of Thrones in you! Essential Elements – Wildflower honey, tart cherry juice, smoky chipotle peppers, and cacao nibs, aged in New Holland Dragon’s Milk barrels. 14% ABV
- B. Nektar Rhube Strawburg 500ml – Mead made with orange blossom honey, strawberry juice and pressed rhubarb. A combination from the Heavens 6.2% ABV.
- SCHRAMM BRAMBLE 12/375ML – Bramble possesses some of the most concentrated and delicious flavors in the world of fruit. Blackberries, black raspberries, heritage red raspberries, and boysenberries create a composite of harmony, poise, and mouth-watering proportionality. Densely fruity, dark, and wonderfully balanced – an expression of quality from branch to bottle.
- SCHRAMM CHRISSIE 12/750ML – Chrissie balances the flavors of bright, juicy red currants, earthy, robust black currants and California True Source Certified orange blossom honey. This mead pairs beautifully with black pepper rubbed sirloin, a citrus salad or your favorite Kenneth McKellar song.
- SCHRAMM GINGER 12/375ML or 12/750ml – Schramm’s Ginger is a full-throated, unapologetic expression of pure grated ginger and honey. Honey sweetness is balanced by full ginger flavor with a touch of spiciness, making this mead a perfect choice to pair with spicy Indian, Ethiopian or Thai cuisine, grilled Korean mackerel or flavorful sushi and sashimi. It also pairs well with dark chocolate and is a great addition to a whiskey ginger cocktail or a moscow mule. 14% ABV.
- SCHRAMM MADELINE 12/375MLor 12/750ml – Schramm’s Madeline is our boysenberry mead, made with whole boysenberries and Michigan honey. A cross between European raspberry, common blackberry and American dewberry, the boysenberry has a unique tannic flavor which combines wonderfully with carefully selected premium honey. The resulting mead is thick, jammy and extremely flavorful and pours dark purple with a very smooth, lightly tart finish. This mead is a tribute to our favorite, tiny release to date, Madeline June Schramm Naeger. Ten percent of sales of this mead are donated to the Royal Oak Beaumont NICU, where Madeline spent nearly the first three months of her life. She was beautiful when she was born, but we know she will continue to mature beautifully with age. 14% ABV.
- SCHRAMM MARIONBERRY 12/375ML – Marionberry is a melomel made purely from Willamette Valley Marion Blackberries. Like our ‘Blackberry’, Marionberry has a full, natural fruit acidity that is balanced by premium Orange Blossom honey sweetness to create an extremely flavorful mead. Very dark in color, the Marionberries provide a jammy, juicy fruit-forward character. This mead has great aging potential for many years, though it’s pure fresh fruit character may make it difficult to leave alone for long. 14% ABV.
- SCHRAMM RASPBERRY 12/375ML or 12/750ml – Schramm’s Raspberry is a mead made from whole Michigan raspberries. The flavor is unmistakably fruity raspberry, reminiscent of Michigan summers, and is balanced by honey sweetness. Due to the high level of acidity from the berries, it can age gracefully for many years. A tribute to our home state’s strong fruit growing tradition, this was the first mead made by head meadmaker Ken Schramm. It holds a special place in our history as well as our cellar. This melomel pairs well with grilled Great Lakes salmon, salads, cheesecake, and summer evening bonfires by the lake. 14% ABV.
- SCHRAMM RED AGNES 12/375ML – Schramm’s Red Agnes is finely balanced Melomel. Red currants provide deep floral aromatics, a fruitier initial impression, more focused acidity, and a stunning cardinal hue. This mead is dangerously drinkable with a delicately balanced acidity which allows the honey and fruit to sing in harmony together. 14% ABV