Another week and another drop of tasty liquids from Abu Nawas distribution. This week, we have beers from Grimm, Freethough, and Public Access! Let’s get to it:
- Grimm Depth of Field 12/500ml – FLANDERS-INSPIRED DARK SOUR ALE W/ CHERRIES. CRANBERRIES & RASPBERRIES. This Flanders inspired ale is rich and complex without tipping toward heavy. Toasty Vienna and Munich malts build a layered base that provides a sweet warmth that never feels cloying. Dark cherry leads on the nose with quieter notes of leather, tobacco, and oak. A balanced showing of the sweet & tart characteristics from each fruit is found in the flavor — a juicy burst reminiscent of real maraschino cherry, the refreshing pucker tartness, and just-picked sweetness of raspberry, and the tangy punch from the cranberry. 7% ABV.
- Grimm Double Negative 12/500ml – IMPERIAL STOUT. Double Negative pours jet black with burnt orange highlights. A long-lasting tan head leaves abundant lacing. Aromas bursting from the glass include coffee, bitter chocolate, caramel, black currant and blueberry. Creamy and viscous on the palate, the flavor initially follows the nose. A pop of smooth bitterness comes after, and then a lingering, roasty finish. 10% ABV.
- Grimm Heliogram 12/500ml – FOEDER-FERMENTED SOUR ALE DRY-HOPPED WITH EL DORADO & NELSON SAUVIN. Heliogram is an easy-drinking, thirst-quenching foeder-fermented dry-hopped sour ale with Nelson Sauvin and El Dorado hops. The aroma is bright but tame–notes of freshly zested grapefruit, lemon verbena, honeydew, orange marmalade, and a touch of cotton candy sweet. A punch of acidity upfront quickly ebbs into gentle flavors of underripe pineapple and mango which is complemented by a pithy bitterness. 5.5% ABV.
- Grimm I Still Love The Old World 12/500ml – Noble-Hopped Ale w/ Raw Wheat & Brettanomyces. An ode to the brewers and beers that have long inspired the Grimm philosophy. Created in collaboration with the legendary brewer/scholar Yvan De Baets of De La Senne in Brussels, this extra-hoppy old world ale shows off our unique and evolving house ale yeast — serially repitched since Grimm’s opening for favorable genetic drift — in combination with gentle Brettanomyces and noble hops. The result is a thirst-quenching Belgian-style blonde loaded with complex brett-forward fruitiness and a noble hop-driven lingering herbal bitterness. Raw wheat in the grist and a traditional step-mash process provide an elegant malt character to this brewer’s favorite beer. 5.3% ABV.
- Grimm Patter 12/500ml – This Saison De Coupage — 70% young Saison blended with 30% barrel-aged golden sour — with blackberries and grapefruit zest is a bright and refreshing treat. The Belgian yeast esters are a subtle through line from aroma to flavor — a supporting character to the fruit. Tart and juicy blackberry aromas tickle the nose while the grapefruit comes through more in the flavor with a burst of fresh citrus up front that fades into a zesty bittersweet finish. 6% ABV.
- Grimm Mango Guava Pop!12/22 oz. Creamsicle-inspired Dessert Berliner with Mango, Guavas, Milk Sugar, and Vanilla. 4.8% ABV.
- FREETHOUGHT Good Eye 6/4/16oz CAN – Sour Ale dry-hopped with Citra, Galaxy, and Mosaic. Notes of passionfruit, Earl Grey tea, kumquat, pine nut, and lime. 7% ABV.
- FREETHOUGHT Kismet6/4/16oz CAN – Unfiltered IPA double dry-hopped with Cashmere. Aromas of eucalyptus and root beer. Smooth, rich and full-bodied with flavors of white chocolate, coconut, pawpaw, and mint. 7% ABV.
- FREETHOUGHT Levitate 6/4/16oz CAN – Sour Ale with Pineapple, Tumeric, Lemongrass, and Makrut Lime. Pours bright ocher. Opens with earthy aromas of turmeric countered by tropical fruit and citrus tones. Lively and delicately tart with notes of makrut lime, yellow curry, and fruit loops. Finishes clean, dry, and crisp. 5% ABV.
- FREETHOUGHT Lucid 6/4/16oz CAN – Unfiltered IPA double dry-hopped with Amarillo flowers, pellets, and lupulin powder. Crisp and focused with aromas of sliced baguette and basil. Canary melon, sea salt and sassafras arise on the palate. Emphatic carbonation carries a finish reminiscent of Watermelon rind. 6% ABV.
- FREETHOUGHT Madcap 24/16oz Can – Madcap is a smoky sour ale inspired by campfires, S’Mores + Hot Cocoa with the flavor profile of a mezcal sour cocktail. Brewed with raw wheat, flaked + malted oats, lapsang souchong, cocoa + tamarind. Hopped with noble hops + dry-hopped with Simcoe lupulin powder. 6% ABV.
- FREETHOUGHT Night Vision 6/4/16oz CAN – Double Dark Sour Ale with blood orange and drinking chocolate. Brewed with chocolate malt, raw wheat, flaked and malted oats. Notes of citrus, raspberry, and cocoa. Lush mouthfeel with a bright and dynamic finish. 8% ABV.
- FREETHOUGHT Open 6/4/16oz CAN – Unfiltered IPA brewed with flaked + malted oats, raw + malted wheat, double dry-hopped with Simcoe flower, pellets + lupulin powder. Bubblegum and subtle watermelon aromas sit on top of a soft, fluffy pour that yields delicate notes of floral honey and beeswax. 6% ABV.
- FREETHOUGHT Shibumi 6/4/16oz CAN – Experimental Cuvée ale. Blended IPA with Golden Sour Ale, with added organic miso in the whirlpool, fermented on organic sweet cherries and finished with a cool steep of chamomile. It pours a sun-faded rose color, with a light, wispy head. Aromatics of honeyed chamomile + tropical punch. On the palate, miso adds a soft, umami texture to counter cherry popsicle, yellow chartreuse + salted plum. It finishes with layered floral tea notes. 5.5% ABV.
- FREETHOUGHT Temporal 6/4/16oz CAN – Sour Ale with Plum, Cardamom and Rose Water. Pours an opaque, faded rose. Floral nose complemented by flavors of chai and fermented lime. Finishes tart and dry. 5% ABV.
- FREETHOUGHT Twenty Twenty6/4/16oz CAN – Unfiltered DIPA dry-hopped with Citra and Mosaic. Brewed with Maris Otter, flaked and malted oats, raw and malted wheat. Aromas of citrus, vanilla, guava and coconut followed by hints of chive blossom and mint on the palate. Smooth, creamy, and full-bodied. 8.5% ABV.
- Public Access Entranced 6/4/16oz CAN – Sour Ale brewed with Passion Fruit & Guava. 5% ABV.
- Public Access Omniscient Signal 6/4/16oz CAN – Double IPA with Galaxy, Citra, and Simcoe. 8% ABV.
- Public Access Psychic Mirror 6/4/16oz CAN – Double Dry-Hopped DIPA with Galaxy, Motueka, Citra & Cashmere hops. 8% ABV.
- Public Access Transitional Nature 6/4/16oz CAN – Imperial Sour Wheat Ale Conditioned With Raspberry and Passionfruit. 10% ABV.
- Public Access Triumphant Intermission 6/4/16oz CAN – Double Dry-Hopped IPA with Citra, El Dorado, and Comet. 7% ABV.