Tons of great stuff this week from Abu Nawas. Mead lovers will be happy to see Schramms sending Black Agnes our way! Here we go:
- HUBBARD’S CAVE FRESH IIPA V4 – (pkgd 11.20.19) 16oz CAN – And on the 6th day… MOSAIC, SIMCOE. Fresh IIPA V4 features equal amounts of both Mosaic and Simcoe hops in the boil/whirlpool and a generous helping of each at two different stages of dry-hopping. Hazy Imperial IPA Goodness. 8.5% ABV.
- HUBBARD’S CAVE TRIPLE IPA (pkgd 11.13.19) 16oz CAN – Fresh Triple Hazy IPA that got a smattering of different hops in the late boil/whirlpool, then a heaping addition of Centennial, El Dorado, and Simcoe (among small amounts of a few others) in the dry hop. 10% ABV.
- Abomination Ales Anniversary Yumberry 6/4/16oz CAN – We’d like to introduce to you the One Year Anniversary Milkshake! This is a monster DIPA smackin’ in at 10.5%. Oats? Yeah. Wheat? Uh-huh. What else you ask? We fruited this bad boy with Raspberry, Strawberry, and Yumberry! (fermented for safety). Top that off with a sprinkle of milk sugar and some vanilla beans, Sounds like you got yourself a hazy boi. Double dry hop that beast with Citra and Mosaic, call it a day. 10.5% ABV.
- Abomination Brewing Does This Look Infected? 6/4/16oz CAN – Sour IPA Brewed with milk sugar, flaked oats and wheat, then kettle soured and fermented on top of a generous amount of Mangoes. Hopped and DDH with Azacca Hops. Notes of citrus, passionfruit, tart pineapple, tangerine and ripe mango. 7.2% ABV. ****BEST BEER NAME EVER****
- Abomination Bro Beer6/4/16oz CAN – Extremely crushable New England session IPA brewed with flaked wheat and oats. Gently dry-hopped with 100% galaxy hops! Juicy, tropical and hazy! The perfect beer to crack open with your bro’s! 4.7% ABV. #beermonster
- Decadent Ales Ectoplasmic Orange 24/16oz CAN – All-Citra double dry-hopped IPA with tangerine and orange zests. Citrusy orange and tangerine give this IPA a refreshing burst of flavor that will take you back to your lunchbox days in the cafeteria. 8.7% ABV.
- Decadent Ales Blackberry Sorbet 6/4/16oz CAN – Gose style beer brewed with a heavy dose of blackberries. 5.8% ABV.
- Decadent Ales Mango Sorbet 6/4/16oz CAN – Gose Style Ale Brewed with Mango. 5.8% ABV.
- Decadent Ales Wildberry Sorbet 6/4/16oz CAN – Gose style beer brewed with a touch of lime zest. In this variant, we added a heavy dose of raspberries, strawberries, blackberries, and blueberries reminiscent of berry sorbet. 5.8% ABV.
FAT ORANGE CAT
- Fat Orange Cat FOC Vito The Beer Whale Cat 6/4/16oz CAN – Named after one of our favorite Instagramable felines this also happens to be a damn good IPA. The hop combination of Azacca and Simcoe creates a unique and intense mix of tropical fruit flavors upfront with a creamy mellow finish. 8% ABV.
- Fat Orange Cat FOC Ask Forgiveness, Not Permission CAN – NEIPA Super hazy and smooth drinking with a refreshing bite on the back. Azzaca and Lemondrop hops give this beer a flavorful blend of tropical fruits and zingy lemon brightness. 7.9% ABV.
- Fat Orange Cat FOC All Cats Are Grey in the Dark 6/4/16oz CAN – White Stout – A light colored stout with a hint of coffee and strong notes of both chocolate and vanilla. 7.2% ABV.
- FreeThought Kismet 6/4/16oz CAN – Unfiltered IPA double dry-hopped with Cashmere. Aromas of eucalyptus and root beer. Smooth, rich and full-bodied with flavors of white chocolate, coconut, pawpaw and mint. 7% ABV.
- FreeThought Temporal6/4/16oz CAN – Sour Ale with Plum, Cardamom + Rose Water. Floral nose complemented by flavors of chai and fermented lime. Finishes tart and dry. 5% ABV.
- Hoof Hearted Belloq 6/4/16oz CAN – American Stout with Coffee and Vanilla. Smooth caramel & chocolate notes get a massive coffee rogering. Competitively intellectual flavor that makes you feel smarter than you look. Pair with a corduroy blazer and look out world. 7.5% ABV.
- Hoof Hearted Rose Gose 6/4/12oz CAN – Gose Brewed with Himalayan Pink Sea Salt, Coriander, Hibiscus, then soured with Lactobacillus and fermented with Saison yeast. 4.2% ABV
- Public Access Energy Dreams6/4/16oz CAN – Fantastic Double Dry Hopped DIPA hopped with Mosaic, Galaxy, & El Dorado. 8% ABV.
- Public Access Silent Rejoice 6/4/16oz CAN – Double dry-hopped New England IPA. 7% ABV.
- SCHRAMM BLACK AGNES 12/375ML – Our sweet black currant mead, Black Agnes, is named after one boisterous Scottish wench who successfully defended the Scottish Castle of Dunbar during a five-month siege by William Montague, the Earl of Salisbury. While relatively unknown in the United States, black currants have been grown in the British Isles for more than five hundred years, and used by herbalists since the Middle Ages. Sharply tart and acidic, the potent flavors of the fruit are perfectly balanced by the sweetness of premium honey to create a particularly unique, memorable and delicious mead. 14% ABV.
- SCHRAMM RED AGNES 12/375ML – Schramm’s Red Agnes is finely balanced Melomel. Red currants provide deep floral aromatics, a fruitier initial impression, more focused acidity, and a stunning cardinal hue. This mead is dangerously drinkable with a delicately balanced acidity that allows the honey and fruit to sing in harmony together. 14% ABV.
- SCHRAMM THE STATEMENT 12/375ML – The Statement is our Balaton cherry mead – made with the highest quality Traverse City Balaton cherries, carefully selected honey and twenty years of experience – having gone through more than a dozen iterations. Living up to its name, this mead truly makes a statement due to its incredible expression and depth of flavor and character rendered from honey and Michigan tart cherries. A natural complement to chocolate and sharp or blue cheeses, The Statement also pairs well with grilled pork and makes a terrific reduction sauce for desserts.
- SCHRAMM BLACKBERRY 12/375ML – Blackberry is earthy, brightly acidic mead balances the lingering tartness of whole blackberries and carefully selected honey. Intensely fruity with balanced acidity, a complex flavor profile and an earthy aroma, this mead is reminiscent of picking fruit on a mid-summer day. A strong option for the cellar, blackberry will continue to mature and develop in the bottle for years. Blackberry pairs well with creamy cheeses, duck, and veal. 14% ABV.
- SCHRAMM BRAMBLE 12/375ML – Bramble possesses some of the most concentrated and delicious flavors in the world of fruit. Blackberries, black raspberries, heritage red raspberries, and boysenberries create a composite of harmony, poise, and mouth-watering proportionality. Densely fruity, dark, and wonderfully balanced – an expression of quality from branch to bottle.
- SCHRAMM GINGER 12/375ML – Schramm’s Ginger is a full-throated, unapologetic expression of pure grated ginger and honey. Honey sweetness is balanced by full ginger flavor with a touch of spiciness, making this mead a perfect choice to pair with spicy Indian, Ethiopian or Thai cuisine, grilled Korean mackerel or flavorful sushi and sashimi. It also pairs well with dark chocolate and is a great addition to a whiskey ginger cocktail or a moscow mule. 14% ABV.
- SCHRAMM KOCHANIE 12/375ML – A play on the word honey, Kochanie is Polish for “my love” or “my sweetie” This tart mead is made with the highest quality Polish red currants and Lutowka cherries available and balances beautifully with the sweet floral aroma of orange blossom honey. Made with fruit imported entirely from Poland, the red currants contribute an extra kick of acidity to the rich dark cherries, balancing beautifully with carefully selected honey. Pair with pierogi, paczki or gotabki for an authentic treat. 14% ABV.
- SCHRAMM MADELINE 12/375ML – Schramm’s Madeline is our boysenberry mead, made with whole boysenberries and Michigan honey. A cross between European raspberry, common blackberry and American dewberry, the boysenberry has a unique tannic flavor that combines wonderfully with carefully selected premium honey. The resulting mead is thick, jammy and extremely flavorful and pours dark purple with a very smooth, lightly tart finish. This mead is a tribute to our favorite, tiny release to date, Madeline June Schramm Naeger. Ten percent of sales of this mead is donated to the Royal Oak Beaumont NICU, where Madeline spent nearly the first three months of her life. She was beautiful when she was born, but we know she will continue to mature beautifully with age. 14% ABV.
- SCHRAMM MADELINE 12/750ML – This is a better-suited format for on-premise use. Keep in mind that an open bottle of Shramms refrigerated will last for at least 6 months!
- SCHRAMM MARIONBERRY 12/375ML – Marionberry is a melomel made purely from Willamette Valley Marion Blackberries. Like our ‘Blackberry’, Marionberry has a full, natural fruit acidity that is balanced by premium Orange Blossom honey sweetness to create an extremely flavorful mead. Very dark in color, the Marionberries provide a jammy, juicy fruit-forward character. This mead has great aging potential for many years, though it’s pure fresh fruit character may make it difficult to leave alone for long. 14% ABV.
- SCHRAMM RASPBERRY 12/375ML – Schramm’s Raspberry is a mead made from whole Michigan raspberries. The flavor is unmistakably fruity raspberry, reminiscent of Michigan summers, and is balanced by honey sweetness. Due to the high level of acidity from the berries, it can age gracefully for many years. A tribute to our home state’s strong fruit growing tradition, this was the first mead made by head meadmaker Ken Schramm. It holds a special place in our history as well as our cellar. This melomel pairs well with grilled Great Lakes salmon, salads, cheesecake, and summer evening bonfires by the lake. 14% ABV.